Daktarin Aktiv Cream
- Effective Athlete's Foot treatment
- Prescription strength
- Avoid contact with the eyes
NOTE: After requesting this medication, you will need to complete a short assessment, so our GP or Pharmacist can assess if the treatment is suitable for you. Pricing is provided as a reference only. The final decision on issuing this medication remains with our GP / Pharmacist.
Buy Daktarin Aktiv Cream Online
Daktarin Aktiv Cream is a medicine which is used to effectively treat and relieve Athlete’s Foot. The cream contains miconazole nitrate which works by destroying both the fungus that causes the infection and some of the associated bacteria which may also be present. It also has moisturising properties to help soothe cracked, red skin caused by Athlete’s Foot. This medicine is for use in adults and children of all ages.
Side Effects of Daktarin Aktiv Cream
Daktarin Aktiv Cream can have side-effects, like all medicines, although these don’t affect everyone and are usually mild. If you experience any of the following, stop using the medicine and seek immediate medical help:
- A severe allergic reaction which may include:
- Swelling of the face, lips, mouth, tongue or throat
- Difficulty in swallowing or breathing
- Itchy rash (hives)
- skin burning sensation, application site reactions, application site irritation, application site burning,
application site warmth, application site itchiness, skin inflammation, skin discolouration.
Other side-effects which may occur but it is unknown how often:
- Rash, skin irritation, itchiness or redness
If you experience any side-effects not included in this leaflet or are not sure about anything, talk to your doctor or pharmacist.
Before taking any medication, it is important to read the Patient Information Leaflet. You can find information leaflets for your medicines by typing them into the search bar at medicines.org, or by contacting us.
Directions of use for Daktarin Activ Cream
Check the table below to see how often to use.
- Each tube of cream is sealed – use the cap to pierce the seal.
- For cutaneous use only, which means it is applied directly to the affected area of skin.
- Do not use more often than the stated dose shown in the table.
How to apply the cream
- Wash the infected area and dry it well. As many skin conditions are contagious, you should keep a towel and flannel for your own use and not share it so that you do not infect anyone else.
- Apply the cream onto the infected area and surrounding skin.
- Wash your hands carefully after applying the cream to avoid spreading the infection to other parts of the body or to other people. Similarly, clothing which comes into contact with the infected areas, such as socks, should be washed and changed frequently.
Adults and children of all ages: Apply the cream to the infected skin twice a day (e.g. at night and
in the morning).
- Continue treatment for 7 days after all the symptoms have cleared to prevent them from coming back.
- If symptoms persist talk to your doctor.
Warnings for Daktarin Activ Cream
This medicine is suitable for most adults and children but a few people should not use it. If you are in any doubt, talk to your doctor or pharmacist.
Do not use this medicine
- If you are allergic to the active substance, other similar antifungal medicines or any of the other
ingredients of this medicine. If this applies to you, get advice from a doctor or pharmacist without using Daktarin Aktiv Cream.
Talk to your doctor or pharmacist if you are taking
- Oral anticoagulants (drugs used to thin the blood, such as warfarin).
If you are not sure about any of the medicines you are taking, show the bottle or pack to your pharmacist.
If you are pregnant or breastfeeding
- Ask your doctor or pharmacist for advice before using this medicine if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Special warnings about this medicine
- Avoid contact with the eyes.
- Daktarin Aktiv Cream can cause severe allergic reactions. You must be aware of the signs of an allergic reaction while you are taking Daktarin Aktiv Cream. See ‘Possible side-effects’
Some of the ingredients can cause problems
- Benzoic acid (E210) can mildly irritate the skin, eyes and mucosal membranes.
- Butylated hydroxyanisole (E320) may cause local skin reactions (e.g. contact dermatitis), or irritation to the eyes and mucous membranes.
Ingredients in Daktarin Activ Cream
The active ingredient in 1 g of Daktarin Aktiv Cream is Miconazole nitrate 20 mg.
Other ingredients are PEG-6, PEG-32 and glycol stearate, oleoyl macro glycerides, liquid paraffin, benzoic acid (E210), butylated hydroxyanisole (E320), purified water.
Order on Monday to Friday until 3:30pm guarantees next day delivery options