Daktarin Oral Gel
- Gel for oral thrush
- Contains Miconazole 2%
- Gentle, pleasant taste
NOTE: After selecting this product, you will need to complete a short assessment, so we can make sure this medication is suitable for you.
Buy Daktarin Oral Gel Online
You can buy Daktarin Oral Gel online, from our UK registered online pharmacy. Before using Daktarin Oral Gel, you should read the medicine information leaflet, and be aware of the cautions when using this item. Once you are have done this, you will complete a short acknowledgement assessment to make sure this medicine is right for you. After completing your order, our pharmacy will then review the order, and if approved, dispatch the medication to your door.
About Daktarin Oral Gel
The active ingredient in Daktarin Oral Gel is Miconazole, which is an antifungal agent and is particularly effective against fighting off and killing fungal infections in your mouth or throat that cause oral thrush. It works by dissecting the affected cells in the mouth, therefore, stopping the main component of thrush. It comes in a handy orange flavour and acts as a soothing agent to help get rid of the burning, itching and soreness in the mouth. Daktarin gel has a gentle and, most say, pleasant taste, that helps soothe the irritation caused by oral thrush.
Daktarin Oral Gel can be used alongside other pain-killing medicine such as ibuprofen or paracetamol to help reduce the pain the infection can cause.
Daktarin Oral Gel can be used by patients aged 4 months and over and also helps to stop further outbreaks from occurring.
Oral thrush is commonly an acute fungal infection, which can have varying symptoms such as sore, painful mouth, burning sensation of the tongue, altered taste and white plaques around the tongue, gums, lining of the cheek or throat.
Oral thrush can be caused by many factors including:
- Inhaled corticosteroids (commonly used to treat respiratory conditions such as asthma)
- Antibiotics (these are used to treat different types of infections)
- Cytotoxics (these are used for cancer treatment)
Oral thrush is most common in the following:
- Denture wearers
- Denture hygiene is very important and can help prevent re-infection.
- Before applying Daktarin Oral Gel, any dentures must be removed.
- If your dentures do not fit correctly you should stop wearing them and visit your dentist.
- Remove dentures at night.
- If you smoke, speak to our pharmacist for advice on smoking cessation.
- Rinse your mouth after eating or taking medication.
- If the individual who has oral thrush is a diabetic, they should see their doctor for treatment. review in order to obtain better control of their blood glucose.
- To help prevent thrush in babies, sterilise bottles and dummies regularly.
Other treatments for mouth infections are available at Simple Online Pharmacy. These include:
Oral hygiene products are also available at Simple Online Pharmacy. These include:
- Steradent Active Plus
- Chlorhexidine Antiseptic Mouthwash
- Sensodyne Daily Care Toothpaste
- Tepe Interdental Brushes
Smoking cessation products are also available at Simple Online Pharmacy. These include:
Daktarin Oral Gel Reviews
After using any treatment, it's helpful to let others know about your experience. Reviews of an item help other users know that medicines received are genuine, how well the treatment worked or any issues to be aware of. We invite our users to leave a review of both their treatment and of the service provided. Click on the reviews tab to see if there has been feedback on this item.
What is Daktarin Oral Gel?
Daktarin Oral Gel is an anti-fungal treatment gel, used to treat oral thrush.
How do you use Daktarin Oral gel?
A small amount of the gel should be applied to the affected area and kept in the mouth for as long as possible. The frequency of use is age-dependent: Over 6 years old, it should be applied four times daily and for children aged 4 months to 6 years, it should be applied twice daily.
Can Daktarin Oral gel be swallowed?
Yes. You should not swallow the gel directly, but Daktarin Oral Gel should be applied to affected areas in the mouth as directed. Once applied, keep it in the mouth as long as possible, however swallowing the gel after this is fine.
What are the side effects of Daktarin Oral Gel?
There are few side effects using this gel, however, you may experience
Can you use daktarin oral gel for cold sores?
No - Daktarin Oral Gel is not used for the treatment of cold sores. While Daktarin contains an antifungal agent, cold sores are a viral infection which should be treated with aciclovir creams such as Zovirax.
How long do I take Daktarin Oral Gel for?
Symptoms of thrush should clear from your mouth within 2 days of using this medication, should your symptoms still be present it is advised that you speak to your own Doctor regarding treatment.
What happens if I miss a dose of Daktarin Oral Gel?
The medication can be taken a small amount of time after the dose should have been taken. Never double the amount, if you have forgotten wait until your next dose is due.
Can I use Daktarin Oral Gel if I am pregnant/breastfeeding?
If you are breastfeeding, pregnant, think you may be pregnant or are trying to become pregnant you should seek advice from your doctor if you require Daktarin Oral Gel.
Side effects of Daktarin Oral Gel
There are few side effects using this gel, however, you may experience some of the following
- Sore mouth
- Tongue discolouration
- Dry mouth
- Light Headedness
- Loss or change in sense of taste
- Regurgitating food or liquid
Before taking any medication, it is important to read the Patient Information Leaflet. You can find information leaflets for your medicines by typing them into the search bar at medicines.org, or by contacting us.
Directions of use for Daktarin Oral Gel
Using a clean finger, apply a small amount Daktarin Oral Gel gel to the affected area.
The gel should be kept in the mouth for as long as possible.
For children over 6 years and adults:
- Daktarin Oral Gel can be used four times daily
For children between 4 months and 6 years:
- Daktarin Oral Gel can be used twice daily
Warnings for Daktarin Oral Gel
- After the infection has cleared keep using for 2 days after
- Not suitable for patients under 4 months of age
- Not suitable if you suffer from liver disease
- Not suitable if you have had an allergic reaction to any of the ingredients found in the medicine.
Do not use this gel if you take the following medication
- Lovastatin, Simvastatin, Triazolam
- Antihistamine or Hayfever products containing Mizolastine
- Insomnia or Anxiety medication
Ingredients in Daktarin Oral Gel
Active ingredient: Miconazole
Other ingredients: pregelatinised potato starch, alcohol, polysorbate 20 (E432), sodium saccharin, cocoa flavour, orange flavour, glycerol, water
Order on Monday to Friday until 3:30pm guarantees next day delivery options