Doublebase Dayleve Gel
- Long Lasting Hydrating Gel
- Helps to treat Eczema and other Skin Conditions
- Comes in both 100 or 500g variations
Buy Doublebase Dayleve Gel Online
You can buy Doublebase Dayleve gel 500g online from our UK registered online pharmacy. Please read the associated information about this medication to make sure it's safe for you. You can then place your order. After completing any associated assessment form, our pharmacists can then review your order and, if approved, dispatch to your chosen address. If for any reason your order is not approved, a full refund is issued.
About Doublebase Dayleve gel
Doublebase Dayleve gel is a moisturising barrier cream, often used in people suffering from eczema or other chronic dry skin conditions. It helps restore the skin's smoothness, softness, and flexibility by replacing lost moisture and helping the skin retain moisture.
All age groups can use Doublebase Dayleve gel, including babies. The active ingredients of this gel are isopropyl myristate and liquid paraffin. These are known as emollients.
Doublebase Dayleve gel can be used in addition to any other emollients or treatments for you to treat your dry skin condition.
Paraffin is very flammable emollient, therefore, please take particular care to avoid these materials coming into contact with naked flames or lit cigarettes, etc.
Eczema is a chronic, relapsing, inflammatory skin condition which has symptoms of an itchy red rash, which is often found in skin creases such as the folds of the elbows or behind the knees. Eczema can also have a link to other conditions such as hayfever or asthma and is quite common in children and often involves the scalp and face. Dry skin conditions can be caused by many different factors, including certain temperatures, food sensitivities or stress. Individuals who tend to suffer from dry skin do so due to water loss from the skin and reduced resistance to irritant substances.
Other treatments for dry skin conditions are available at Simple Online Pharmacy. These include:
- Aveeno Cream
- Dermol 500 Lotion
- Doublebase Gel
- Eumovate Eczema & Dermatitis Cream
- Eucerin Dry Skin Intensive Lotion
- Try your best to reduce scratching and avoid triggers that flare up your eczema (for example, certain foods or using certain products)
- Try to use a moisturiser on your skin daily, and remember to moisturise after a bath/shower
- It is best to use gloves if you are handling irritants for example detergents.
- Try to avoid extreme temperatures and humidity.
- You should ensure that you drink lots of water.
- Try to use non-abrasive clothing fabrics for example cotton.
- After having a shower or a bath you should pat dry your skin (do not rub your skin with a towel) and re-apply your moisturiser.
- Try to avoid using body scrubs that are rough on your skin.
- Try to avoid hot and long baths/showers.
- Try to avoid alcohol-containing antibacterial gels.
Doublebase Dayleve gel is a widely used and effective dry skin condition treatment however every patient can respond differently to medication. If you find Doublebase Dayleve gel is not effective for you, you may want to try Dermol 500 Lotion.
Doublebase Dayleve gel Reviews
After using any treatment, it's helpful to let others know about your experience. Reviews of an item help other users know that medicines received are genuine, how well the treatment worked or any issues to be aware of. We invite our users to leave a review of both their treatment and of the service provided. Click on the reviews tab to see if there has been feedback on this item.
What is Doublebase Dayleve gel?
Doublebase Dayleve gel is used to help treat dry and itchy skin conditions such as eczema and dermatitis by providing moisture to the skin.
Can you use Doublebase Dayleve gel on your face?
Yes. Doublebase Dayleve gel can be used on the face as it is safe to do so. Any creams, emollients or gels that contain any steroids should NOT be used on the face and since Doublebase Dayleve gel is steroid free it is safe to apply to your face if you need to. If there is no symptom relief speak to your doctor.
Who can use Doublebase Dayleve gel?
Doublebase Dayleve gel can be used by babies, children, adults and the elderly as long as they have no known sensitivity to any of the ingredients.
Can I use Doublebase Dayleve gel if I am pregnant or breastfeeding?
Yes. Doublebase Dayleve gel can be used if pregnant or breastfeeding.
How does Doublebase Dayleve gel work?
The active ingredients of Doublebase Dayleve gel provide moisture to the skin, helping to replace lost water within the skin and forming a waterproof barrier on its surface. This stops moisture in the skin from evaporating, leaving skin hydrated. Doublebase Dayleve Gel is effective in combating dry skin conditions, such as eczema and dermatitis. These conditions get worse the more the skin is allowed to dry out. However, regular application of the moisturiser will help to rehydrate the skin, restoring its smoothness, softness and flexibility while reducing the redness and itchiness of the affected areas.
What is the difference between Doublebase Gel and Doublebase Dayleve Gel?
Doublebase Gel was manufactured first and was created for regular use for dry skin conditions. It has a high oil volume and also has glycerol (a humectant which keeps the skin moist). Doublebase Gel is applied as often as needed.
Doublebase Dayleve Gel also has a high volume of oils plus a high volume of glycerol. However, the difference between the two Gels is that Doublebase Dayleve Gel contains Povidone, which is a film-forming ingredient, which supports the trapping of oils and moisture in the skin. Doublebase Dayleve Gel was formulated to provide a long-lasting effect to the skin, therefore the Dayleve Gel is usually applied twice a day.
What is Doublebase Moisturiser Gel?
Doublebase Moisturiser Gel is used to help treat dry and itchy skin conditions such as eczema and dermatitis.
What is the ingredient of Doublebase Moisturiser Gel?
Doublebase Moisturiser Gel contains two active ingredients, liquid paraffin and isopropyl myristate, both of which have moisturising properties.
How does Doublebase Moisturiser Gel work?
The active ingredients get to work moisturising the skin, helping to replace lost water within the skin and forming a waterproof barrier on its surface. This stops moisture in the skin from evaporating, leaving skin hydrated.
Doublebase is effective in combatting dry skin conditions, such as eczema and dermatitis. These conditions get worse the more the skin is allowed to dry out. However, regular application of the moisturiser will help to rehydrate the skin, restoring its smoothness, softness and flexibility while reducing the redness and itchiness of the affected areas.
What are the side effects of Doublebase Moisturiser Gel?
Using Doublebase Moisturiser Gel may cause skin irritation in people hypersensitive to any of the ingredients.
Please read the patient information leaflet for a full list of side effects.
Side Effects of Doublebase Dayleve Gel
Doublebase Dayleve Gel can cause side effects (like all medicines), however not everybody gets them. If you experience any side effects after you start using this medication then seek advice from a healthcare professional.
In rare cases, the following could occur:
- skin irritation (mild rashes)
- allergic skin reactions on extremely sensitive skin.
These rare effects occur during or soon after the first few uses.
STOP using Doublebase Dayleve Gel and seek advice from a healthcare professional if:
- skin condition appears to look or feel worse.
- side effects become serious, or if you experience any other side effect not listed in the information leaflet.
- Doublebase Dayleve Gel is swallowed (this may cause diarrhoea.)
If this happens:
- treat the symptoms as you would with any case of diarrhoea
- drink plenty of water
- do not attempt to cause vomiting
Before taking any medication, it is important to read the Patient Information Leaflet. You can find information leaflets for your medicines by typing them into the search bar at medicines.org, or by contacting us.
Directions of use for Doublebase Dayleve Gel
- Before using the Doublebase Gel, turn the top of the pump dispenser in the direction of the 'open' arrow to unlock it. Once unlocked, you will need to press down the pump dispenser several times to prime the pump before any gel is dispensed.
- Using a few gentle strokes, smooth the gel across the skin in the same direction as hair growth. If necessary, allow time for any excess to soak in. Ensure not to rub the skin harshly.
- Doublebase Gel can be used before and after washing, showering or having a bath to help further prevent the skin from drying out and also to condition the skin.
- If you are using any other creams or emollients to the same areas of skin as Doublebase Gel, try to avoid mixing the two products. This can be achieved by applying the treatments alternatively, leaving enough time to allow the previous application to soak in. (Approximately 15-20 minutes).
- For maximum benefit, you should apply the gel morning and at night, or as often as needed.
Warnings for Doublebase Dayleve Gel
- Do not use in cases of known sensitivity to any of the ingredients.
- Avoid contact with the eyes.
- Creams and emollients can cause slippery surfaces so extra care should be taken if used before or after a bath/shower.
- Do not store above 25C.
- Doublebase Dayleve gel is paraffin-based and is very flammable so stay clear from any naked flames.
Ingredients in Doublebase Dayleve Gel
Active Ingredients: Isopropyl Myristate 15% w/w, Liquid Paraffin 15% w/w.
Other Ingredients: Glycerol, Povidone, Carbomer, Sorbitan Laurate, Trolamine, Phenoxyethanol and Purified Water.
Order on Monday to Friday until 3:30pm guarantees next day delivery options