Fybogel Natural Flavoured Laxative Sachets
- Natural fibre drink
- Relieves constipation
- Other Fybogel products available
Buy Fybogel Natural Flavoured Laxative Sachets Online
Fybogel Natural contains the active substance Ispaghula Husk. It is an easy and convenient way to increase the fibre in your diet helping your digestive system work more efficiently and gently relieving constipation the natural way. As it works naturally with your body, it takes care of constipation without undue straining, discomfort or unnatural urgency, helping to restore and maintain regularity.
Fybogel Natural can be used whenever increased fibre is needed in your diet to relieve constipation; including constipation during pregnancy. It can also be used to help maintain normal bowel function if you suffer from haemorrhoids (piles).
Like all medicines, this medicine can cause side effects, although not everybody gets them. This product can cause allergic reactions with symptoms including difficulty in breathing, wheezing or coughing, skin rash, itching and a sudden life-threatening allergic reaction.
This product contains allergens and it is possible to come into contact with them via skin, inhalation or when taking the product by mouth and may cause red or itchy eyes, runny or blocked nose and a skin rash. If symptoms appear, you should immediately contact your doctor or pharmacist.
Due to the increased fibre intake of your diet, you may experience wind (flatulence) or bloating during the first few days of taking this product, which should lessen as you continue to take it. If you have any other symptoms after taking this product, tell your doctor or pharmacist.
For Oral use. Always take this medicine exactly as your doctor or pharmacist has told you. Check with your doctor or pharmacist if you are not sure.
Fill a glass with approximately 240ml cold water. Pour in the required amount (see dosage below). Stir well and drink straight away, preferably after meals.
Do not take without water. This product should be taken at least 30 mins before or after taking other medicines and should not be taken immediately before going to sleep.
Adults and children over 12 years: Take one sachet in the morning and one in the evening, preferably after meals.
Children aged 6 to 12 years: Take half to one level 5 ml spoonful depending on size and age, morning and evening, preferably after meals.
Children under 6 years: Not recommended for children under 6 years of age.
If symptoms worsen or if there is no bowel movement after 3 days of treatment, consult a doctor.
If you take more Fybogel Natural than you should
Do not take more than directed, if you accidentally take more than you should, drink plenty of water.
If you forget to take Fybogel Natural
If a dose is missed, do not take a double dose; just carry on with the next recommended dose.
Do not take if:
- You are allergic to Ispaghula husk or any of the other ingredients
- You have a sudden change in bowel habit that has persisted for more than two weeks
- You are suffering from a blockage of the bowel (intestinal obstruction, faecal impaction)
- If you have a weakness of the bowel wall (colonic atony)
- The speed in which material moves through your gut has always been slow (naturally occurring reduced gut motility).
- You have difficulty in swallowing or any throat problems
Tell your doctor, pharmacist or nurse if:
- You have phenylketonuria (an inherited genetic disorder) as this product contains aspartame, a source of phenylalanine.
- You are suffering from undiagnosed rectal bleeding and unable to pass stools following the use of laxatives.
- Your symptoms worsen or do not improve after 3 days
- You have difficulty in swallowing or any throat problems.
Take special care:
- If you are a healthcare worker or caregiver as allergic sensitisation may occur due to inhalation
- If not taken with enough liquid, can cause chest pain, vomiting or difficulty swallowing
- Elderly and debilitated (weak) patients may require medical supervision
The active ingredient is 3.5g Ispaghula Husk.
Other ingredients are potassium bicarbonate, sodium bicarbonate, citric acid, sodium phosphate, beta-carotene, aspartame (E951), saccharin sodium, polysorbate 80 and silica colloidal anhydrous.
Order on Monday to Friday until 3:30pm guarantees next day delivery options