Hydrocortisone Cream 1%
- Available in hydrocortisone cream or ointment
- Fast & effective relief for inflammation and redness of the skin
- Effective for mild to moderate eczema & dermatitis
- 15g tube
Buy Hydrocortisone Cream Online
What is Hydrocortisone cream?
It is a steroid cream that belongs to a group of medicines known as steroids. Steroids are used to reduce inflammation in a variety of skin conditions such as eczema, dermatitis, skin allergic reactions, and insect bites.
How does Hydrocortisone work?
Skin problems often occur when the body begins to attack an area of skin. This can be due to contact with an allergen (causing dermatitis) or an autoimmune disorder such as eczema. This results in inflammation that causes the skin to become red and itchy. Hydrocortisone targets this immune system attack and lowers its response in the area, allowing the skin to heal.
What Alternatives are there for Hydrocortisone?
There are many different types of steroid creams, ointments and lotions available on the market. Each has a different potency and may not be suitable for every patient. You should be checking with your doctor or pharmacist regarding what option may be best for you.
Other steroid creams include:
- Prescribed hydrocortisone - still 1% but available in large quantities
- Eumovate - moderately potent
- Betnovate - potent
- Fucibet - potent steroid with bacteria killer
- Fucidin H - antibiotic/ steroid combination
Hydrocortisone Side effects
All medicines can have side effects, but not everyone will experience them. Most people tolerate hydrocortisone well, however, you may experience:
- Burning or stinging
- A rash or itchy skin
The risks of side effects may increase with long-term treatment. You should not use this medicine for more than 7 days without a doctors instruction.
You should read the patient information leaflet for more information on any treatment you intend to use.
How to apply Hydrocortisone?
- Wash your hands.
- Apply a small amount to the affected area once or twice a day for a maximum of 7 days.
- Massaged the treated area to assist with absorption.
- Do NOT cover the area with a dressing or plaster.
If you forget to apply a dose, use the medicine once you remember. If you remember after the next dose was already due, skip the missed dose and keep applying as usual.
Do not use hydrocortisone cream if:
- You are allergic to steroids or any ingredient listed
- You have a skin infection including bacterial, viral, and fungal infections
- The intended area for use is on the face, near eyes, or broken skin
- A child is under 10 years without prior medical advice
If the condition has worsened, or not improved after 7 days you should go back to your doctor or pharmacist.
Leave at least 30 minutes between applying creams, ointments or lotions onto the treated area to allow the medicine to absorb fully.
Order within for guaranteed next day delivery options