Hypromellose Eye Drops
- Effective Dry Eye Treatment
- Helps produce natural tears
- 10ml Bottle
Buy Hypromellose Eye Drops Online
You can buy Hypromellose Eye Drops online from our UK registered online pharmacy. Please read the associated information about this medication to make sure it's safe for you. You can then place your order. After completing an associated assessment form, our pharmacists can then review your order and, if approved, dispatch to your chosen address. If for any reason your order is not approved, a full refund is issued.
About Hypromellose Eye Drops
Hypromellose Eye Drops are commonly used for dry eye conditions. Hypromellose Eye Drops allow the eyes to feel more comfortable when they are feeling dry.
The usual dose for Hypromellose Eye Drops is:
Apply one drop to the affected eye(s) two or four times a day. (Or as directed by your doctor, optician or pharmacist).
Dry eye syndrome is a tear deficiency condition (lack of tears), which can cause discomfort in the eye. Dry eye syndrome can be aggravated by certain factors such as dry air (for example, air conditioning, dust, wind or smoke.) Reduced tear production can be caused by certain drugs, Sjögren syndrome, allergies, dehydration or trauma (for example, radiation, surgery).
Symptoms of the dry eye usually will affect both eyes and will present with the feeling of grittiness or irritation in the eye, a brief blurring of vision and watery eyes. Individuals who have dry eyes generally do not complain of dryness in the eyes. Removal of factors which aggravate dry eyes can help, (for example, adverse drug reactions or environmental conditions.)
- Hot compresses
- Use of humidifiers
- Drinking plenty of water
- Taking breaks from looking at computer screens (as looking at screens we do not blink as much as we should)
- Blinking helps to create more tears
Other treatments for dry eye conditions are available at Simple Online Pharmacy. These include:
Hypromellose Eye Drops Reviews
After using any treatment, it's helpful to let others know about your experience. Reviews of an item help other users know that medicines received are genuine, how well the treatment worked or any issues to be aware of. We invite our users to leave a review of both their treatment and of the service provided. Click on the reviews tab to see if there has been feedback on this item.
What is Hypromellose Eye Drops used for?
Hypromellose Eye Drops are used for the treatment of dry eye symptoms most commonly - burning, soreness and irritation.
How do you use Hypromellose Eye Drops?
To use the gel you need to tilt your head back, look up to the ceiling and pull your lower eyelid down to make a small pouch under the eye. Place the dropper directly over the eye and squeeze the bottle so that 1 drop covers the eye. Then look down and slowly close your eyes for 1 to 2 minutes. Then place 1 finger in the corner of your eye near your nose and apply gentle pressure. This can be repeated 2-4 times a day.
Can I use Hypromellose Eye Drops with contact lenses?
There is a preservative in Hypromellose Eye Drops called Benzalkonium Chloride which can cause eye irritation and can also cause contact lenses to become discoloured. If you wear contact lenses it is advised that before using Hypromellose Eye Drops all contact lenses are removed and then only reapplied 15-30 minutes after Hypromellose Eye Drops has been applied.
Side Effects of Hypromellose Eye Drops
Like all medication, Hypromellose Eye Drops can cause side effects, however not everybody gets them.
You may experience the following side effects:
- Blurred vision
- Pain in the eye
- the sensation of a foreign body in the eyes
- irritation of eye
- Eye redness
(Please read the patient information leaflet for a full list of side effects.)
Before taking any medication, it is important to read the Patient Information Leaflet. You can find information leaflets for your medicines by typing them into the search bar at medicines.org, or by contacting us.
Directions of use for Hypromellose Eye Drops
- Ensure you wash your hands before using Hypromellose Eye Drops
- Remove any contact lenses prior to using the drops and do not replace contact lenses for at least 15 minutes.
- Hypromellose tube should be held vertically.
- Tilt head backwards.
- Resting one hand on cheek, gently pull down the lower eyelid.
- Look up.
- Squeezing the tube gently, insert one drop.
- Blink a couple of times to spread the gel evenly over eyes.
- Wipe any excess gel from around the eyelids.
- If needed, repeat the above steps for the other eye.
- This can be repeated 2-4 times a day or as directed by your doctor or optician.
Make sure you do not touch the eye or the surrounding area with the dropper tip as this could cause injury to the eye and can contaminate the Hypromellose Eye Drops.
(Please read the patient information leaflet for a full list of directions.)
Warnings for Hypromellose Eye Drops
- Hypromellose Eye Drops should only be used in your eye(s).
- Talk to a healthcare professional before you start using Hypromellose Eye Drops if you suffer from any other eye conditions (besides sore/dry eyes)
- Stop using Hypromellose Eye Drops and seek medical advice from your doctor if you have any eye pain, vision changes, irritation of the eyes, persistent redness, or if the condition worsens or persists.
- Benzalkonium chloride, which is a preservative found in Hypromellose Eye Drops, can cause irritation in the eye and can also discolour soft contact lenses. (Remove any lenses before use and wait for at least 15 minutes before putting lenses in.)
- If the user is applying any other eye drops/ointments, each medicine should be used at intervals of a minimum of 5 minutes or as directed by your doctor, optometrist or pharmacist.
- After opening, Hypromellose Eye Drops should not be used after 28 days.
- Keep out of reach and sight of children
- Do not store above 25°C
(Please read the patient information leaflet for a full list of warnings.)
Ingredients in Hypromellose Eye Drops
Active ingredient: Hypromellose 0.3% w/v
Other ingredients: benzalkonium Chloride, Sodium Chloride, Potassium Chloride, Borax, Boric Acid and Water for Injection.
Order within for guaranteed next day delivery options