Imodium Plus Comfort Tablets
Buy Imodium Plus Comfort Tablets Online
Imodium Plus Comfort tablets is a medicine which is used to treat sudden short-lived (acute) attacks of diarrhoea and calm additional abdominal discomfort such as cramps, wind and bloating.
The tablets contain loperamide hydrochloride, which helps reduce diarrhoea by slowing down an overactive bowel, which helps the body to absorb water and salts from the bowel. The tablets also contain simeticone, which is an anti-foaming agent that breaks up trapped wind in the bowel that causes cramps and bloating.
This medicine is for use in adults and children aged 12 years and over.
Imodium Plus Comfort tablets can have side-effects, like all medicines, although these don’t affect everyone and are usually mild.
If you experience any of the following, stop using the medicine and seek immediate medical help:
Allergic reactions including swelling of the face, tongue or throat, difficulty swallowing, unexplained wheezing, shortness of breath which may be accompanied by skin rash or hives.
If you experience any of the following, stop using the medicine and talk to your doctor:
- Difficulties passing water
- Severe abdominal pain, abdominal bulging or swelling or fever which may be due to a blocked or enlarged bowel
- Severe constipation
Other effects which may occur include:
Common side-effects: (less than 1 in 10 but more than 1 in 100 people get these):
- Feeling sick
- A change in the way some things taste
Uncommon side-effects: (less than 1 in 100 but more than 1 in 1000 people get these):
- Dry mouth
Rare side-effects:(less than 1 in 1000 but more than 1 in 10 000 people get these):
- Loss of consciousness or decreased consciousness
- Excessive contraction of the pupil of the eye
- Skin rash, which may lead to severe blistering and peeling of the skin
Check the table overleaf to see how much medicine to take.
- Swallow the correct number of tablets whole with a drink of water.
- For oral use only.
- Do not use more than the stated dose shown in the table.
This medicine is not recommended for children under 12 years old.
Adults over 18 years old: Swallow two tablets initially, followed by one tablet after each loose bowel movement.
Children and young adults (12 to 18 years): Swallow one tablet initially, followed by one tablet after each loose bowel movement.
- Do not take more than 4 tablets in any 24 hour period.
- Do not take for more than 48 hours. If symptoms persist for more than 48 hours talk to your doctor.
This medicine is suitable for most adults and children aged 12 years and over, but a few people should not use it. If you are in any doubt, talk to your doctor or pharmacist.
Do not take this medicine
- If you have ever had a bad reaction to any of the ingredients.
- If it is for a child under 12 years old.
- If you have severe diarrhoea after taking antibiotics.
- If you are having a flare-up of an inflammatory bowel condition like ulcerative colitis.
- If you are constipated or your stomach appears swollen.
- If you have acute dysentery, the symptoms of which may include blood in your stools and a high temperature.
If any of these apply to you, get advice from a doctor or pharmacist without taking Imodium Plus Comfort tablets.
Talk to your doctor or pharmacist
- If you have AIDS and your stomach becomes swollen, stop taking the tablets immediately and contact your
- If you suffer from liver disease.
- If your diarrhoea lasts for more than 48 hours.
- If you have severe diarrhoea as your body loses more fluid, sugars and salts than normal.
- If you are taking any other medicines, including:
- quinidine (used to treat abnormal heart rhythms or malaria)
- itraconazole or ketoconazole (antifungal medicines)
- gemfibrozil (used to treat high cholesterol)
- ritonavir (used to treat HIV infection and AIDS)
- desmopressin (used to control thirst and urine production in patients with diabetes insipidus)
If you are unsure about any of the medicines you are taking, show the bottle or pack to your pharmacist. If any of these bullet points apply to you now or in the past, talk to a doctor or pharmacist.
If you are pregnant or breast-feeding
- Ask your doctor or pharmacist for advice before taking this medicine if you are pregnant, think you are pregnant or planning to become pregnant.
- Do not take this medicine if you are breast-feeding as small amounts may get into your milk. Talk to your doctor about a suitable treatment.
Special warnings about this medicine
- This medicine may make you feel dizzy, tired or sleepy. If affected do not drive or operate machinery.
- Imodium Plus Comfort tablets only treat the symptoms of diarrhoea. In some cases, the cause of your diarrhoea may require treatment. If symptoms persist or worsen, please contact your doctor. When you have diarrhoea, your body can lose large amounts of fluids and salts. You will need to replace the fluid by drinking more liquid than usual. Ask your pharmacist about special powders (known as oral rehydration therapy) which replace fluids and salts lost during diarrhoea.
- Do not take this product for anything other than its intended use (see section 1) and never take more than the recommended amount (see section 3). Serious heart problems (symptoms of which include fast or irregular heartbeat) have been reported in patients who have taken too much loperamide, the active ingredient in Imodium Plus Comfort tablets.
The active ingredients in Imodium Plus Comfort tablets are: Loperamide hydrochloride 2 mg and simeticone
(equivalent to 125 mg dimeticone) per tablet.
Other ingredients are: Calcium hydrogen phosphate anhydrous, microcrystalline cellulose, acesulfame K, artificial vanilla flavour (includes propylene glycol, maltodextrin and benzyl alcohol), sodium starch glycolate (type A) and stearic acid.
Order within for guaranteed next day delivery options