Ovex Suspension 30ml
- Banana Flavour
- Not suitable for pregnant women
- Ovex tablet available
Buy Ovex Suspension
You can buy Ovex suspension from our UK registered online pharmacy. Ovex contains the active ingredient Mebendazole, and is used to treat threadworm.
Side Effects of Ovex
Like all medicines, Ovex can cause side-effects, although not everybody gets them.
If you experience any of the following, stop using the medicine and seek immediate medical help:
Rare: (may affect up to 1 in 1,000 people)
- Convulsions (seizures/fi ts).
- Allergic reactions including unexplained wheezing, shortness of breath, sudden swelling of your face or throat, and hives (also known as ‘nettle rash’ or ‘urticaria’).
- Skin rashes (which may be severe and include blistering or peeling of the skin) and itching, and may be accompanied by a high temperature.
If you experience any of the following, stop using the medicine and talk to your doctor or pharmacist:
Common: (may affect up to 1 in 10 people)
- Stomach pain
Uncommon: (may affect up to 1 in 100 people)
- Stomach discomfort
Other effects that may occur include: Rare: (may affect up to 1 in 1,000 people)
- Inflammation of the liver or abnormal liver function
- Reduction in white blood cells (which reduces the body’s defences against infections)
- Unusual hair loss
Very rare: (may affect up to 1 in 10,000 people)
- Inflammation of the kidneys*
*observed in higher and prolonged doses
- This medicine is a single-tablet dose. Do not take more than the stated dose shown below.
- For oral use only.
- The tablet may be either chewed or swallowed whole. Crush the tablet before giving it to a young child.
- Always supervise a child if they are taking this medicine. This medicine is not recommended for children aged under 2 years old. Adults and children aged 2 years and over- Take one tablet per family member.
- If symptoms do not disappear within a few days, speak to your doctor.
- If you are re-infected your pharmacist may recommend that a second tablet is taken after two weeks.
If anyone takes more than one Ovex tablet, contact a doctor or your nearest Accident & Emergency department Casualty) taking this leaflet and pack with you as soon as possible.
Talk to your doctor or pharmacist:
If you are taking any other medicines, including:
- Metronidazole (a drug used to treat bacterial and protozoan infections) as a serious skin reaction can rarely occur.
- Cimetidine (a medicine used to treat excess stomach acidity).
If you are not sure about any of the medicines you are taking, show the bottle or the pack to your pharmacist.
If any of the bullet points apply to you now or in the past, talk to a doctor or pharmacist.
If you are pregnant or breastfeeding
Do not take this medicine if you are pregnant. Ask your doctor or pharmacist for advice before
taking this medicine if you are breastfeeding.
Special warnings about this medicine
Since threadworms can spread very easily, it is strongly recommended that all the family (except pregnant, breastfeeding women or children under 2) are treated at the same time and that suitable hygiene precautions are followed to prevent re-infection.
Some of the ingredients can cause problems
Orange Yellow S (E110) may cause allergic reactions
The active ingredient in Ovex is: Mebendazole 100 mg per tablet.
Other ingredients are: Microcrystalline cellulose, sodium starch glycollate, talc, maize starch, sodium saccharin, magnesium stearate, cottonseed oil – hydrogenated, orange flavour, colloidal anhydrous silica, sodium lauryl sulfate, orange-yellow S (E110).
Order on Monday to Friday until 3:30pm guarantees next day delivery options