- Anti-histamine medication
- Can cause drowsiness
- Used for insect bites / allergies
- Also available as Piriton tablets
Buy Piriton Syrup Online
You can buy Piriton Syrup from our UK registered online pharmacy. Please read the associated information about this medication to make sure it's safe for you. You can then place your order. After completing any associated assessment form, our pharmacists can then review your order and, if approved, dispatch to your chosen address. If for any reason your order is not approved, a full refund is issued.
Piriton is an anti-histamine medication, which is used to treat symptoms of allergies, hayfever or reactions to bites for individuals aged over 1-year-old. Piriton contains the active ingredient Chlorphenamine and each 5mls of Piriton contains 2mg of Chlorphenamine.
Piriton and all anti-histamines work by blocking the pathway of the body's natural inflammatory response. Histamine is produced by the body in response to various external factors, such as an insect bite. This then results in symptoms such as itchiness, or redness and inflamed reactions. By blocking histamine from working, Piriton stops these symptoms from occurring.
How much Piriton can I take?
|Age||Dose||24 Hour Max|
|1-2||One 2.5 ml spoonful twice daily||5mls (2mg)|
|2-6||One 2.5 ml spoonful every 4-6 hours||15mls (6mg)|
|6-12||One 5 ml spoonful every 4-6 hours||30mls (12mg)|
|Adults||One 10 ml spoonful every 4-6 hours||60mls (24mg)|
- Avoid known allergens where possible
- Pollen counts are available during the summer time and can be useful in determining when to avoid outside activities. (Pollen counts are highest around March-September)
For hayfever sufferers:
-keep windows closed
-use petroleum jelly such as vaseline to trap pollen around nostrils
-wraparound sunglasses will prevent pollen from reaching eyes
-vacuum routinely and dust using damp cloths
-shower and change clothing after being outdoors when the pollen count is high
Piriton is a widely used and effective antihistamine medication however every patient can respond differently to medication. If you find Piriton is not effective for you, you may want to try Piriteze Allergy Syrup.
Other alternative antihistamine treatments are available at Simple Online Pharmacy. These include:
- Benadryl Allergy Relief Solution
- Piriteze Allergy Syrup
- Piriton Allergy Tablets
- Cetirizine Tablets
- Loratadine Tablets
After using any treatment, it's helpful to let others know about your experience. Reviews of an item help other users know that medicines received are genuine, how well the treatment worked or any issues to be aware of. We invite our users to leave a review of both their treatment and of the service provided. Click on the reviews tab to see if there has been feedback on this item.
How quickly does Piriton work?
You should notice Piriton start to take effect after 30-45 minutes.
Can you take Piriton when pregnant/breastfeeding?
You should not take Piriton when pregnant or breastfeeding unless on a doctor’s advice.
How many doses can I take?
The dosage of Piriton is 4mg (10mls) per dose every 4-6 hours for an adult. For children between 6-12 years, 2mg (5mls) can be given every 4-6 hours. For children between 2-6 years, the dosage is 2.5mls every 4-6 hours. For children between 1-2 years give 2.5mls twice daily.
Can I take Piriton when breastfeeding?
As Piriton can pass into breast milk, you should talk to your doctor about taking Piriton.
How often can I take Piriton?
Piriton can be taken every 4-6 hours for over 2-year-olds.
Piriton can be given twice a day for 1-2-year-olds.
Can I drink alcohol if I take Piriton?
No. You should not consume any alcohol if you are taking Piriton.
Side Effects of Piriton Syrup
What are the side effects of Piriton?
While not everyone will experience side effects, it's important to be aware of these, in case you need to report them.
Very common (more than 1 in 10 individuals)
Common (between 1 in 10 and 1 in 100 individuals)
- Blurred vision.
- Dry mouth.
- Problems with coordination.
- Feeling sick.
- Difficulty concentrating.
- Dizziness/ Headache
- Restlessness / Nervousness
- Loss of appetite
- Muscle twitching/weakness
- Low blood pressure
For a full list of side effects, please read the patient information leaflet.
Please read the patient information leaflet for further information
Directions of use for Piriton Syrup
Piriton Syrup dose is dependent upon the age of the user.
- Give ONE 2.5ml spoonful twice a day (Maximum of 5mls can be given in 24 hours)
- Give ONE 2.5ml spoonful every 4-6 hours (Maximum of 15mls can be given in 24 hours)
- Give ONE 5ml spoonful every 4-6 hours (Maximum of 30mls can be given in 24 hours)
- Give ONE 10ml spoonful every 4-6 hours (Maximum of 60mls can be given in 24 hours)
Warnings for Piriton Syrup
- Do NOT give/take more than the recommended dose
- Do NOT give to children under 12 months
- Do NOT take if you have ever had an allergic reaction to any antihistamines
- Do NOT take if you are allergic to any of the ingredients in Piriton Syrup
- Do NOT take if you have taken MAOIs for depression in the last 14 days
- Do NOT take if you are taking any other products containing anti-histamines
- Do NOT drink alcohol with this medicine
- This medicine can cause drowsiness, if it does then you should not drive or operate machinery
Ingredients in Piriton Syrup
Active ingredient: Chlorphenamine Maleate
Other ingredients: Sucrose, glycerol, ethanol, tingle flavour, peppermint oil, water and, as a preservative, a mixture of methyl, ethyl and propyl hydroxybenzoates (E 218, E 214 and E 216).
Order within for guaranteed next day delivery options