- Treats dry skin conditions such as Eczema, Dermatitis
- Can be used as a soap substitute
- Soothes and protects your skin
NOTE: After requesting this medication, you will need to complete a short assessment, so our GP or Pharmacist can assess if the treatment is suitable for you. Pricing is provided as a reference only. The final decision on issuing this medication remains with our GP / Pharmacist.
You can buy Dermol Cream online from our registered UK online pharmacy. Please read the associated information about this medication to make sure it's safe for you. You can then place your order. After completing any associated assessment form, our pharmacists can then review your order and, if approved, dispatch to your chosen address. If for any reason your order is not approved, a full refund is issued.
About Dermol Cream
Dermol Cream is an effective antimicrobial emollient cream used for the treatment of dry, itching skin, eczema, dermatitis and other dry skin conditions. Dermol Cream is useful in moisturising the skin surface and it can be applied to dry skin after washing. Dermol cream can not only be used as a moisturiser but it can also be used as a soap substitute. Dermol cream can also be used even after your symptoms have passed, to help keep future occurrences from happening.
Eczema is a chronic, relapsing, inflammatory skin condition which has symptoms of an itchy red rash, which is often found in skin creases such as the folds of the elbows or behind the knees. Eczema can also have a link to other conditions such as hayfever or asthma and is quite common in children and often involves the scalp and face. Dry skin conditions can be caused by many different factors, including certain temperatures, food sensitivities or stress. Individuals who tend to suffer from dry skin do so due to water loss from the skin and reduced resistance to irritant substances.
Other treatments for dry skin conditions are available at Simple Online Pharmacy. These include:
- Aveeno Cream
- Doublebase Gel
- Doublebase Dayleve Gel
- Eumovate Eczema & Dermatitis Cream
- Eucerin Dry Skin Intensive Lotion
- Try your best to reduce scratching and avoid triggers that flare up your eczema (for example, certain foods or using certain products)
- Try to use a moisturiser on your skin daily, and remember to moisturise after a bath/shower
- It is best to use gloves if you are handling irritants for example detergents.
- Try to avoid extreme temperatures and humidity.
- You should ensure that you drink lots of water.
- Try to use non-abrasive clothing fabrics for example cotton.
- After having a shower or a bath you should pat dry your skin (do not rub your skin with a towel) and re-apply your moisturiser.
- Try to avoid using body scrubs that are rough on your skin.
- Try to avoid hot and long baths/showers.
- Try to avoid alcohol-containing antibacterial gels.
Dermol Cream Reviews
After using any treatment, it's helpful to let others know about your experience. Reviews of an item help other users know that medicines received are genuine, how well the treatment worked or any issues to be aware of. We invite our users to leave a review of both their treatment and of the service provided. Click on the reviews tab to see if there has been feedback on this item.
What is Dermol Cream used to treat?
Dermol cream can be used to treat most skin conditions that are causing itchiness or dryness, this includes Dermatitis and Eczema. Dermol Cream can also be used as an emollient or as a soap replacement to protect your skin from irritants.
How do I use Dermol Cream?
Dermol cream can be used in 2 ways, it can be used as a soap alternative or it can be used as a moisturising cream that is left to dry on the skin. If you are using Dermol as a cream, it is advised to gently apply to your skin, without rubbing in and allow to dry naturally, if you need to re-apply this can be done as required. If you are using Dermol cream as a soap alternative, simply use as you would do with soap or shower gel, and then pat dry using a towel.
Can I use Dermol Cream if I am pregnant or breastfeeding?
Dermol cream can be used during pregnancy or when you are breastfeeding, however, it is always recommended that you speak to your own Doctor or health professional before using any new medication.
Can I use Dermol Cream if I use any other medication?
Dermol cream is not known to have any interactions with other medicines at this time. If you are unsure it is advised to speak to your Doctor or health professional before starting to use the cream.
Side effects of Dermol Cream
There are very few cases of side effects reported from users of Dermol Cream, however, some patients may experience the following:
- Redness of the skin
It is always advised before starting to use any new medicines to read the patient information leaflet. If you do have any questions or queries it is advised to speak to your Doctor or health professional.
Before taking any medication, it is important to read the Patient Information Leaflet. You can find information leaflets for your medicines by typing them into the search bar at medicines.org, or by contacting us.
Directions of use for Dermol Cream
For application to the skin:
Apply the cream to the affected areas and massage gently into the skin, until absorbed. Repeat as often as required.
For use as a soap substitute:
Use as a cleanser in the bath or shower, or for other toiletry purposes, instead of ordinary soap or shower gel.
Warnings for Dermol Cream
- Do not use in cases of known sensitivity to any of the ingredients.
- Avoid contact with the eyes.
- Creams and emollients can cause slippery surfaces so extra care should be taken if used before or after a bath/shower.
- Do not store above 25C.
- Dermol Cream is paraffin-based and is very flammable so stay clear from any naked flames.
Ingredients in Dermol Cream
Active ingredients: Benzalkonium Chloride 0.1%, Chlorhexidine Dihydrochloride 0.1%, Liquid Paraffin 2.5% and Isopropyl Myristate 2.5%
Other ingredients: Cetostearyl Alcohol, Macrogol Cetostearyl Ether, Phenoxyethanol, Glycerol, Disodium Phosphate Dodecahydrate, Sodium Dihydrogen Phosphate Dihydrate, Purified water.
Order on Monday to Friday until 3:30pm guarantees next day delivery options