- For itchy, red, dry skin
- To clear flare-up
- break the itch-scratch cycle
Buy Eumovate Cream Online In The UK
You can buy Euovate Cream online, from our UK registered online doctor and pharmacy service. After reading any relevant medication information, you can place your order. Our pharmacy team will then review, dispense and dispatch your medication to your chosen address.
What is Eumovate Cream?
Eumovate eczema and dermatitis creams contain a medicine called clobetasone butyrate. It belongs to a group of medicines called corticosteroids.
Eumovate is used for the short term treatment and control of patches of red, itchy skin caused by eczema and dermatitis. The cream works to shop the skin's over-reaction to the triggers that cause skin flare-ups such as eczema or dermatitis. The active ingredient is clobetasone butyrate which is a topical corticosteroid to control inflammation of the skin. The cream base also has moisturising properties.
How does Eumovate Cream work?
Eumovate cream contains the active ingredient clobetasone butrate 0.05% w/w, a topical corticosteroid to reduce inflammation of the skin.
When exposed to an allergen the body’s immune system can launch an attack on the area of the skin, this results in inflammation, redness, and itchiness. Corticosteroids, like clobetasone, absorb into the skin cells in the area and stop the inflammatory reaction that caused the immune system to attack. This results in breaking the itch-scratch cycle, reduction in swelling and redness of the skin.
How Effective is Eumovate cream?
It is very effective against mild to moderate skin inflammation. Used on an area twice a day inflammation should go away within 7 days. If the inflammation remains or has not reduced at all, you may require a stronger corticosteroid to calm the inflamed skin.
Other stronger prescription creams and ointments for eczema and skin inflammation are available at Simple Online Pharmacy. These are only suitable for those who have been currently prescribed topical steroids before by their GP. These include:
- Fucidin H (contains hydrocortisone and an antibiotic)
- Hydrocortisone creams (a mild steroid)
- Betnovate (a potent steroid)
Eumovate is classified as a moderately potent steroid.
Side Effects of Eumovate Cream
Eumovate is generally a well-tolerated medicine, however, it can have some side effects.
Side effects may include:
- redness of the skin
- local skin burning
- increased hair growth
- Changes in skin colour
- Skin thinning
Before taking any medication, it is important to read the Patient Information Leaflet.
Directions of use for Eumovate Cream
This should be used for no more than 7 days without direction from a health professional. You may not need the cream for a full 7 days for symptoms to resolve. Once the skin has returned to health, you may discontinue use.
Adults and children aged 12 years and over:
Apply to the affected area TWICE a day for up to 7 days.
- Wash and dry your hands.
- Squeeze out the correct amount of cream onto your index finger. Half a fingertip will cover a patch of skin the same size as the palm of your hand.
- Gently rub cream into the skin you are treating twice a day.
- Wash your hands again.
How much to use
- Squeeze out the cream along the top of your index finger
- From the crease in your finger, squeeze the cream halfway to the fingertip. This will cover a patch of skin the same size as the palm of your hand.
- Use the fingertip unit as a guide. For smaller areas, use a smaller amount. This cream is not meant to treat large areas.
- If you use a bit too much of the cream mistake, don't worry - but try to keep to the fingertip unit.
- Half a fingertip will cover a patch of skin the same size as the palm of your hand.
Warnings for Eumovate Cream
Do not use Eumovate:
- if you have ever had an allergic reaction to clobetasone butyrate or to any of the other ingredients.
- on broken skin
- on skin infected with viruses (e.g. herpes or chicken pox), fungus (e.g. thrush, ringworm or athlete's foot) or bacteria
- on the face, groin, genitals or between the toes
- under a dressing (e.g. a plaster)
- if you are under 12 years unless your doctor tells you to.
Ingredients in Eumovate Cream
Active ingredients: Clobetasone Butyrate 0.05% w/w
Other Ingredients: Glycerol, glycerol monostearate, cetostearyl alcohol, beeswax substitute 6621, arlacel 165, Dimethicone 20, chlorocresol, sodium citrate, citric acid monohydrate and purified water.
Order within for guaranteed next day delivery options