Wind-eze Gel Capsules
- Fast relief for the treatment of Bloating & Trapped Wind
- Comes in a pack of 20 easy to swallow gel capsules
- Contains Simeticone
Buy Wind-Eze Gel Capsules Online
You can buy Wind-Eze Gel Capsules online from our UK registered online pharmacy. Please read the associated information about this medication to make sure it's safe for you. You can then place your order.
About Wind-Eze Gel Capsules
Wind-Eze Gel Caps are designed to provide relief from flatulence, bloating and stomach pain caused by trapped wind.
Wind-Eze works by gently dispersing the tiny bubbles of trapped wind in your intestine. It does this by bringing together these gas bubbles in your gut to create larger bubbles. This lets trapped air pass through your body more easily, which relieves symptoms.
Adults and Children aged 12 years and over; take one capsule three or four times per day, as required. For best effects, take after meals and at bedtime.
The maximum dose is four capsules in a 24 hour period. This medication is not suitable for children under 12.
If symptoms persist for 14 days or more, seek medical advice.
Trapped wind is a common ailment - most people will suffer from it at some point in their lives. However, if you regularly experience trapped wind, it may be a sign of another medical condition. Contact your doctor or pharmacist for medical advice.
The following tips may help prevent and relieve trapped wind:
- Stay hydrated; one of the main causes of trapped wind is constipation. Drinking 1-1.5 litres of water a day will keep you hydrated, and help prevent constipation. Fizzy drinks are also a contributing factor - where possible, plain water is always best.
- Chew carefully; a common cause of trapped wind is swallowing air when chewing food. Pay attention and chew food thoroughly, making sure not to chew with your mouth open. Chewing gum may also lead to trapped air.
- Check what you are eating; some people find that certain foods cause trapped wind, or cause existing symptoms to worsen. Food intolerances, foods with lots of artificial sweeteners, and fatty foods are all known to cause these sorts of reactions. If you aren’t sure, keep track of what you eat in a day, and how your symptoms are in the hours after eating.
- Exercise; moving around, even just a walk around the office, may help trapped wind move through your intestines.
- Massage; some people may find it helpful to manually move the air through their intestines. You can achieve this by lying on your left side and massaging your abdomen to help move stuck pockets of gas. If you can’t lie down, try massaging your abdomen from right to left while sitting.
- Peppermint; some patients have reported that peppermint oil or tea helps with their trapped wind. Experts agree that peppermint is a natural muscle relaxant, allowing the walls of the intestine to be more flexible and release trapped pockets of gas. Care should be taken if you have heartburn or acid reflux, as peppermint can make these worse.
Wind-Eze Side Effects
As with all medications, some users may experience side effects when using Wind-Eze Gel Capsules. The active ingredient, simeticone, is generally a very safe medicine. It’s not absorbed into the blood and leaves the body in faeces.
Common side effects include nausea and constipation.
Rarely, some may experience hypersensitivity reactions such as rash, pruritus, facial oedema, tongue oedema and respiratory difficulty. If you experience any of these side effects, stop using this medication immediately and contact your doctor or pharmacist.
Some patients may find that Wind-Eze Gel Capsules aren't as effective at treating their symptoms. Here at Simple Online Pharmacy, we have several alternatives available, including:
Wind-Eze Tablet Reviews
After using any treatment, it's helpful to let others know about your experience. Reviews of an item help other users know that medicines received are genuine, how well the treatment worked or any issues to be aware of. We invite our users to leave a review of both their treatment and of the service provided. Click on the Reviews tab to see if there has been feedback on this item.
How does Wind-Eze Work?
Wind-Eze contains simeticone, an anti-flatulence medicine that works to break up and dissipate bubbles of gas stuck in your intestines. These bubbles can cause pain as they swell and move around; Wind-Eze helps to get rid of these small gas bubbles.
Does Wind-Eze have any side effects?
As with all medicines, Wind-Eze may have some side effects; but not everyone will experience them. The most common side effects are nausea and constipation - check our Side Effects tab for a full list.
Can I use Wind-Eze while pregnant or breastfeeding?
As with any medication, it is advised to speak to your doctor or pharmacist before taking any new medication while pregnant or breastfeeding.
Before taking any medication, it is important to read the Patient Information Leaflet. You can find information leaflets for your medicines by typing them into the search bar at medicines.org, or by contacting us.
Wind-Eze Gel Capsules Warnings
Not suitable for children under 12 years.
This medication contains simeticone; it is not suitable for anyone who has previously shown sensitivity to this ingredient.
If symptoms persist for 14 days or more, contact your doctor or pharmacist. Keep out of sight and reach of children.
Wind-Eze Gel Capsules Ingredients
Active Ingredient - Simeticone (activated dimeticone)
Other Ingredients - gelatin, glycerol, titanium dioxide (E171), purified water
Order on Monday to Friday until 3:30pm guarantees next day delivery options