- Helps treat Oral Thrush, Throat infections, Aphthous Ulcers
- Lubricates and soothes pain in the mouth and throat
- Fully endorsed by medical professionals
NOTE: After requesting this medication, you will need to complete a short assessment, so our GP or Pharmacist can assess if the treatment is suitable for you. Pricing is provided as a reference only. The final decision on issuing this medication remains with our GP / Pharmacist.
Buy Dequadin Lozenges Online
You can buy Dequadin Lozenges Online from our UK registered online pharmacy. Please read the associated information about this medication to make sure it's safe for you. You can then place your order. After completing any associated assessment form, our pharmacists can then review your order and, if approved, dispatch to your chosen address. If for any reason your order is not approved, a full refund is issued.
About Dequadin Lozenges
Dequadin Lozenges are commonly used for sore throats and mouth infections in individuals over the age of 10 years old. Each Dequadin Lozenge contains 0.25mg of the active ingredient Dequalinium Chloride. Dequadin Lozenges reduce tenderness of the throat and mouth and help relieve symptoms of mouth ulcers and infections (such as tonsillitis, stomatitis and oral thrush).
- Sore throats are self-limiting and will usually get better within a week.
- Oral pain killers (such as paracetamol, which is a first-line choice or NSAID such as ibuprofen) are also useful in relieving symptoms of pain.
- Glycerin, honey and lemon preparations are also available on our website and are useful in giving short-term relief. (such as Simple Linctus)
Dequadin Lozenges are widely used and effective sore throat medicine however every patient can respond differently to medication. If you find Dequadin Lozenges are not effective for you, you may want to try Tyrozets Lozenges.
Other treatments for pain relief are available at Simple Online Pharmacy. These include:
- Simple Linctus
- Tyrozets Lozenges
- Strepsils Lozenges Honey & Lemon
- Difflam Sore Throat Rinse
- Covonia Lozenges Strong Original
Dequadin Lozenges Reviews
After using any treatment, it's helpful to let others know about your experience. Reviews of an item help other users know that medicines received are genuine, how well the treatment worked or any issues to be aware of. We invite our users to leave a review of both their treatment and of the service provided. Click on the reviews tab to see if there has been feedback on this item.
How do you take Dequadin Lozenges?
Adults and children over the age of 10 years should take one lozenge every 2 to 3 hours as required. There is maximum use of 8 lozenges in a 24 hour period. If your symptoms have not improved in within 3 days it is advised that you speak to your own GP regarding treatment.
Can I take Dequadin Lozenges whilst pregnant or breastfeeding?
It is recommended that you check with your own GP or health visitor first. The lozenges are unlikely to cause any harm during pregnancy or whilst breastfeeding but should only be used if given the go-ahead by your GP or health visitor.
Can I take Dequadin Lozenges whilst on any other medication?
There are no known interactions for Dequadin with any other medication. But if you are unsure about the medication you take interacting with Dequadin then you should seek medical advice from a healthcare professional.
Who should not take Dequadin Lozenges?
Dequadin Lozenges can be used by the vast majority of patients without issue.
However, they are not suitable for children who are under the age of 10, for patients with an allergy or known intolerance to the ingredients or if you have an intolerance to certain sugars.
Side Effects of Dequadin Lozenges
These are rare but may include allergic reactions or soreness of the tongue.
If you experience any signs of an allergic reaction you should stop taking these lozenges and seek advice from your doctor.
Before taking any medication, it is important to read the Patient Information Leaflet. You can find information leaflets for your medicines by typing them into the search bar at medicines.org, or by contacting us.
Directions of use for Dequadin Lozenges
Adults and children over 10 years:
Suck one lozenge slowly every 2-3 hours.
Do not take more than 8 lozenges in any 24 hour period.
Warnings for Dequadin Lozenges
Talk to your pharmacist or doctor if any of the following apply:
- Symptoms do not disappear after a couple of days
- Too many lozenges have been taken and starting to feel unwell
- Have concerns or suspect that you may be having a reaction to this medicine
Do NOT take if you:
- are under 10 years old
- are allergic to any of the ingredients
- have inherited problems coping with carbohydrates or sugars (especially glucose, fructose or sucrose). Ask your doctor if you are unsure.
Check before use:
- Diabetics - take account of the carbohydrate content
- Consult your doctor before use if you are pregnant or breastfeeding
Ingredients in Dequadin Lozenges
Active ingredients: Dequalinium Chloride.
Also contains Sucrose, Glucose syrup, Magnesium Stearate, Citric acid monohydrate, Flavourings (lime and peppermint oil), Gelatin, Sodium Saccharin, sunset yellow (E110) Racemic Camphor.
*Each lozenge contains 1g of Sucrose and 50mg of Glucose. (Sucrose is made from glucose and fructose.)*
*Sunset yellow may cause allergic reactions including asthma. This is more common in those allergic to Aspirin.*
Order within for guaranteed next day delivery options