Dermol 500 Lotion
- Effective treatment for Eczema and Dermatitis
- Helps moisturise the skin
- Can be applied to dry skin after washing
NOTE: After requesting this medication, you will need to complete a short assessment, so our GP or Pharmacist can assess if the treatment is suitable for you. Pricing is provided as a reference only. The final decision on issuing this medication remains with our GP / Pharmacist.
Buy Dermol 500 Lotion
You can buy Dermol 500 Lotion online from our registered UK online pharmacy. Please read the associated information about this medication to make sure it's safe for you. You can then place your order. After completing any associated assessment form, our pharmacists can then review your order and, if approved, dispatch to your chosen address. If for any reason your order is not approved, a full refund is issued.
About Dermol 500
Dermol 500 Lotion is an effective treatment for dry, itching skin, eczema, dermatitis and other dry skin conditions. Dermol 500 is a useful moisturiser that helps to moisturise the skin surface and it can be applied to dry skin after washing.
Dermol 500 lotion can not only be used as a moisturiser but it can also be used as a soap substitute.
Eczema is a chronic, relapsing, inflammatory skin condition which has symptoms of an itchy red rash, which is often found in skin creases such as the folds of the elbows or behind the knees. Eczema can also have a link to other conditions such as hayfever or asthma and is quite common in children and often involves the scalp and face. Dry skin conditions can be caused by many different factors, including certain temperatures, food sensitivities or stress. Individuals who tend to suffer from dry skin do so due to water loss from the skin and reduced resistance to irritant substances.
- Aveeno Cream
- Doublebase Gel
- Doublebase Dayleve Gel
- Eumovate Eczema & Dermatitis Cream
- Eucerin Dry Skin Intensive Lotion
- Try your best to reduce scratching and avoid triggers that flare up your eczema (for example, certain foods or using certain products)
- Try to use a moisturiser on your skin daily, and remember to moisturise after a bath/shower
- It is best to use gloves if you are handling irritants for example detergents.
- Try to avoid extreme temperatures and humidity.
- You should ensure that you drink lots of water.
- Try to use non-abrasive clothing fabrics for example cotton.
- After having a shower or a bath you should pat dry your skin (do not rub your skin with a towel) and re-apply your moisturiser.
- Try to avoid using body scrubs that are rough on your skin.
- Try to avoid hot and long baths/showers.
- Try to avoid alcohol-containing antibacterial gels.
Dermol 500 Reviews
After using any treatment, it's helpful to let others know about your experience. Reviews of an item help other users know that medicines received are genuine, how well the treatment worked or any issues to be aware of. We invite our users to leave a review of both their treatment and of the service provided. Click on the reviews tab to see if there has been feedback on this item.
How to use Dermol 500 lotion?
Dermol 500 lotion can be used in two different ways, the first is as an emollient, you would gently spread the lotion over your skin covering all of the affected areas, allow your skin to dry and then re-apply if required. The second way to use Dermol 500 lotion is as a substitute to soap, which you would just use in the normal way you would use your current soap. Ensure not to rub your skin but rather pat dry with a towel after you have a bath or shower.
Can I use Dermol 500 lotion if I have sensitive skin?
Yes, you can use Dermol 500 lotion if you have sensitive skin. However, it is recommended that the product is tested on a small patch of the skin before you apply your first application.
Can I use Dermol 500 Lotion while pregnant or breastfeeding?
Dermol 500 Lotion can be used during this time, but as a precaution, it is always advised to speak to a healthcare professional before using Dermol 500 Lotion to ensure it is the right product for you and your child.
Side effects of Dermol 500 Lotion
Using Dermol 500 Lotion may cause skin irritation in people hypersensitive to any of the ingredients.
Before taking any medication, it is important to read the Patient Information Leaflet. You can find information leaflets for your medicines by typing them into the search bar at medicines.org, or by contacting us.
For the application of Dermol 500 Lotion to the skin: Apply the lotion to the affected areas and massage the lotion gently into the skin, until it is absorbed. Repeat this as often as required.
For use of Dermol 500 Lotion as a soap substitute: Use the lotion as a cleanser in the bath or shower, or for other toiletry purposes, instead of ordinary soaps or shower gel.
Dermol 500 Lotion Warnings
- Do not use in cases of known sensitivity to any of the ingredients.
- Avoid contact with the eyes.
- Creams and emollients can cause slippery surfaces so extra care should be taken if used before or after a bath/shower.
- Do not store above 25C.
- Dermol 500 is paraffin-based and is very flammable so stay clear from any naked flames.
Dernol 500 Lotion Ingredients
Active ingredients: Benzalkonium Chloride 0.1%, Chlorhexidine Dihydrochloride 0.1%, Liquid Paraffin 2.5% and Isopropyl Myristate 2.5%
Other ingredients: Cetostearyl Alcohol, Macrogol Cetostearyl Ether, Phenoxyethanol, purified water.
Order within for guaranteed next day delivery options