Doublebase Emollient Shower Gel 200g
Buy Doublebase Emollient Shower Gel 200g Online
Doublebase Emollient Shower Gel is used to treat dry or chapped skin conditions that may also be itchy, red and sore. It is also a treatment for you to apply to your skin during your normal showering routine.
Common skin conditions that can be treated with Doublebase Shower Gel include psoriasis (scaly, pink patches of skin), elderly pruritus (itchy skin due to ageing), ichthyosis (abnormal scaly skin), various forms of eczema, dermatitis and other dry skin disorders. All age groups who normally shower can use Doublebase Emollient Shower Gel.
The active ingredients in this product are isopropyl myristate and liquid paraffin. These are known as emollients. When used as part of your normal showering routine the product helps to:
- soften, moisturise and protect your skin by trapping moisture in the skin and restoring the normal protective function of the skin.
- prevent the skin-drying and irritant effects that can be caused by showering and by the soaps, foaming additives and fragrances used in ordinary shower products.
This product can be used in addition to any other emollients or treatments your doctor, pharmacist or nurse may have given or prescribed for you to treat your dry skin condition.
Like all medicines, Doublebase Emollient Shower Gel can cause side effects, although not everybody gets them. This product has been specially designed for use on dry or problem skin. However, in rare cases it can cause skin irritation (mild rashes) or allergic skin reactions on extremely sensitive skin. These rare effects tend to occur during or soon after the first few uses.
Stop using this shower gel and tell your doctor, nurse or pharmacist:
- if your skin condition seems to look or feel worse.
- if any of the side effects get serious, or you notice any other side effects not mentioned
in this leaflet.
If this product is accidentally swallowed, its oily ingredients may cause diarrhoea.
If this happens:
- treat the symptoms as you would deal with any case of diarrhoea.
- drink plenty of water.
- do not attempt to cause vomiting.
This product is only for application to the skin. For maximum benefit, you should use the gel whenever you shower.
- Holding the bottle upside down, gently squeeze the product into the palm of your hand.
- To use the product, remove the hooked overcap and attach it to the base of the bottle for hanging in the shower.
For all age groups who normally shower:
You can use Doublebase Emollient Shower Gel in any of the following ways (whichever suit you best):
Before showering: Apply the gel to the dry areas of the skin, using a few gentle strokes.
- Apply the gel using a gentle washing action.
- If you decide to use your normal cleanser in the shower, use Doublebase Emollient Shower Gel afterwards to condition your skin.
- Rinse off any excess (you should still be able to feel the product coating the skin).
- Pat the skin dry with a soft towel (avoid rubbing as this can make dry skin conditions worse).
- Apply the gel to areas of dry skin, using a few gentle strokes to smooth across the skin in the same direction as hair growth (like stroking a cat or dog).
- Allow any excess to soak in.
You may prefer to use your normal soap or shower gel as well as Doublebase Emollient Shower Gel when showering. As a general rule, however, the use of normal soaps and shower gels (even those labelled “moisturising”) is best avoided, or at least kept to a minimum.
If you forget to use Doublebase Emollient Shower Gel
Do not worry if you occasionally forget to use it, just carry on using the shower gel as described the next time you shower.
Do not use Doublebase Emollient Shower Gel if you are allergic (hypersensitive) to isopropyl myristate, liquid paraffin or any of the other ingredients of Doublebase Emollient Shower Gel.
Take special care when using this product:
- it can make your shower tray (or bath surface) slippery, so be careful to avoid slipping over when getting into and out of your shower (eg by using a shower or bath mat).
- after use, clean out the shower tray with a suitable detergent to remove any remaining greasiness (wearing protective gloves to avoid irritating your hands).
Paraffin is a common, important and very effective ingredient in emollient products applied to the skin. However, care should be taken as emollients which soak into medical dressings or fabrics (clothing, pyjamas, bed linen, etc.) can increase the flammability of these items.
Patients using emollients (and their parents/carers) should take particular care to avoid these materials coming into contact with naked flames or lit cigarettes, etc. As a precaution, dressings and clothing, etc., should be changed frequently and laundered thoroughly.
The active ingredients are isopropyl myristate (15% w/w) and liquid paraffin (15% w/w).
The other ingredients are macrogol cetostearyl ether (cetomacrogol), glycerol, carbomer, sorbitan laurate, trolamine, phenoxyethanol and purified water.
Order within for guaranteed next day delivery options