- Contains Isopropyl myristate and liquid paraffin
- Offers up to 24 hour hydration
- Once daily or as needed application
- Available in 100g and 500g variations.
Buy Doublebase ONCE Gel Online
Doublebase Once is available for purchase from our UK registered UK Pharmacy. Please read the information below about this medication to ensure it is suitable for you. You can then place your order. After completing the suitability assessment form, our pharmacists can then review your order and, if approved, dispatch it to your chosen address. If for any reason your order is not approved, a full refund is issued
Doublebase Once Gel
Doublebase once gel is a moisturising and protective gel that helps provide up to 24 hours of hydration with one application and reduces the need for frequent re-application throughout the day. Doublebase Once can be used on those suffering from dry skin conditions such as eczema, psoriasis and ichthyosis. Doublebase Once be used alongside or in addition to emollients that may have been issued by your nurse, doctor or pharmacist.
Doublebase Once is suitable for use on all age groups including children and babies. The active ingredients in Double Once are isopropyl myristate, liquid paraffin and glycerol. THe substantial proportion of oils in Doublebase Once help to protect the skin and moisturise.
Doublebase Once can be used as a soap substitute for bathing, hand washing and showering, which can help to prevent the skin drying further,
Care should be taken when using Doublebase Once as the product is flammable. Take particular care to avoid contact with naked flames and cigarettes when using Doublebase Once.
Doublebase Once Summary
|Dose||Apply to the affected area(s) as often as required to prevent the skin from drying|
|Mechanism||Moisturises the skin while creating a barrier used to protect the skin from losing moisture|
|Active Ingredients -|
Isopropyl myristate 15% & liquid paraffin 15%
|Side Effects||Can include|
Other treatments for dry skin conditions are available at Simple Online Pharmacy. These include:
- Dermol 500 Lotion
- Doublebase Dayleve Gel
- Eumovate Eczema & Dermatitis Cream
- Eucerin Dry Skin Intensive Lotion
- Try your best to reduce scratching and avoid triggers that flare up your eczema (for example, certain foods or using certain products)
- Try to use a moisturiser on your skin daily, and remember to moisturise after a bath/shower
- It is best to use gloves if you are handling irritants for example detergents.
- Try to avoid extreme temperatures and humidity.
- You should ensure that you drink lots of water.
- Try to use non-abrasive clothing fabrics for example cotton.
- After having a shower or a bath you should pat dry your skin (do not rub your skin with a towel) and re-apply your moisturiser.
- Try to avoid using body scrubs that are rough on your skin.
- Try to avoid hot and long baths/showers.
- Try to avoid alcohol-containing antibacterial gels.
Doublebase Once is a widely used and effective dry skin condition treatment however every patient can respond differently to medication. If you find Doublebase Once is not effective for you, you may want to try Dermol 500 Lotion.
Doublebase Once Reviews
After using any treatment, it's helpful to let others know about your experience. Reviews of an item help other users know that medicines received are genuine, how well the treatment worked or any issues to be aware of. We invite our users to leave a review of both their treatment and of the service provided. Click on the reviews tab to see if there has been feedback on this item
Doublebase Once Side Effects
Doublebase Once can cause side effects (like all medicines), however these are not experienced by everyone.
If you experience side effects after you use this treatment then seek advice from your healthcare professional.
Stop using this gel and speak to your doctor or nurse if,
- If your skin condition appears to worsen.
- Skin irritation occurs (Rashes or blotching)
- Doublebase Once is swallowed. If this happens: treat the symptoms as you would with any case of diarrhoea drink plenty of water do not attempt to induce vomiting.
Before taking any medication, it is important to read the Patient Information Leaflet. You can find information leaflets for your medicines by typing them into the search bar at medicines.org, or by contacting us.
- Using a few gentle strokes, smooth the gel across the skin in the same direction as hair growth. If necessary, allow time for any excess to soak in. Ensure not to rub the skin harshly.
- Before using the Doublebase Once, turn the top of the pump dispenser in the direction of the 'open' arrow to unlock it. Once unlocked, you will need to press down the pump dispenser several times to prime the pump before any gel is dispensed.
- Doublebase Once can be used before and after washing, showering or having a bath to help further prevent the skin from drying out and also to condition the skin. If you are using any other creams or emollients to the same areas of skin as Doublebase Once, try to avoid mixing the two products. This can be achieved by applying the treatments alternatively, leaving enough time to allow the previous application to soak in. (Approximately 15-20 minutes).
- For maximum benefit you should apply the gel once daily or as often as is needed.
Warnings for Doublebase Gel
- Do not use in cases of known sensitivity to any of the ingredients.
- Avoid contact with the eyes.
- Creams and emollients can cause slippery surfaces so extra care should be taken if used before or after a bath/shower.
- Do not store above 25C.
- Paraffin-based and is very flammable so stay clear from any naked flames.
Ingredients in Doublebase Once
Active Ingredients: Isopropyl Myristate, Liquid Paraffin.
Other Ingredients: Glycerol, Steareth-21, macrogol stearyl, ether (a soap substitute), ethylhexylglycerin, 1,2-hexanediol, caprylyl glycol, povidone, trolamine, carbomine, purified water.
Order within for guaranteed next day delivery options