- Helps to treat a number of painful conditions affecting joints & muscles
- Contains Ibuprofen
- Easy to apply 50g & 100g Tubes
NOTE: After requesting this medication, you will need to complete a short assessment, so our GP or Pharmacist can assess if the treatment is suitable for you. Pricing is provided as a reference only. The final decision on issuing this medication remains with our GP / Pharmacist.
Buy Fenbid Gel Online
You can buy Fenbid gel online from our UK registered online pharmacy. Please read the associated information about this medication to make sure it's safe for you. You can then place your order. After completing any associated assessment form, our pharmacists can then review your order and, if approved, dispatch to your chosen address. If for any reason your order is not approved, a full refund is issued.
About Fenbid Gel
Fenbid gel contains the active ingredient Ibuprofen and can be used on individuals over the age of 12 years old. Ibuprofen belongs to a group of medicines known as NSAIDs (Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs) and it works by reducing inflammation and pain in the area it is applied to. Fenbid gel is usually used for aches and pains associated with conditions such as backache, muscular aches, strains and sprains, and neuralgia. As Fenbid Gel is a topical preparation it is particularly useful as it can be applied directly to the affected area of pain. Fenbid Gel is available from our online pharmacy in 2 different strengths, 5% and 10%.
- The RICE method (Rest, Ice, Compression, Elevation) can be done at home to decrease any swelling, alleviate pain and accelerate the healing process.
- Use a hot water bottle or a bath to relieve muscle aches
- Use cold compresses for any sprains
- A massage can provide relief for muscle pain
- Exercising will aid pain relief for osteoarthritis
Fenbid Gel is a widely used and effective pain relief topical medicine however every patient can respond differently to medication. If you find Fenbid Gel is not effective for you, you may want to try Voltarol Gel.
Other treatments for pain relief are available at Simple Online Pharmacy. These include:
Fenbid Gel Reviews
After using any treatment, it's helpful to let others know about your experience. Reviews of an item help other users know that medicines received are genuine, how well the treatment worked or any issues to be aware of. We invite our users to leave a review of both their treatment and of the service provided. Click on the reviews tab to see if there has been feedback on this item.
Does Fenbid gel work?
Fenbid gel contains Ibuprofen which helps to reduce pain associated with muscular and joint strains, it works by absorbing into the skin and bloodstream working quicker than oral medicine and is less likely to cause side effects.
How do I apply Fenbid Gel?
The gel can be applied up to 4 times in any 24 hour period, leaving at least 4 hours between each application. Apply the gel over the affected area and massage into your skin gently.
It is advised not to use Fenbid gel for more than 2 weeks. If your symptoms have not improved it is advised that you speak to your doctor or healthcare professional for further treatment and advice.
How long does Fenbid gel take to work?
It will take around 1 to 2 days to see an effect from Fenbid gel after your first application.
Can I use Fenbid Gel if I am pregnant or breastfeeding?
Fenbid gel should not be used during pregnancy or while breastfeeding unless absolutely necessary, it is recommended you speak to your own Doctor before use.
Side effects of Fenbid Gel
While any medicine can result in side effects, Fenbid Gel is generally well tolerated. However, there is always a risk of side effects, and you should be aware of these. You should also read the information leaflet for a full list of side effects.
If you experience any of the following, seek medical attention from a doctor immediately:
- Breathing difficulties
- Facial swelling (including eyelids, lips, throat)
- rash/itching (particularly if all over body)
Some common side effects of Fenbid are listed below:
- Burning sensation
- Sore/weeping spots
- Abdominal pain
- Kidney problems
Before taking any medication, it is important to read the Patient Information Leaflet. You can find information leaflets for your medicines by typing them into the search bar at medicines.org, or by contacting us.
Directions of use for Fenbid Gel
For external use only.
For individuals over 12 years old:
- Wash hands before and after use of Fenbid Gel.
- Use 4-10cm of the Fenbid Gel from the tube and gently rub onto the affected area until the gel is absorbed.
- Do not repeat more than every 4 hours
- Do not use more than 4 times a day
- If symptoms become worse or continue then review treatment
After 14 days treatment should be reviewed, especially if the symptoms worsen or persist.
Warnings for Fenbid Gel
- For external use only
- Avoid contact with eyes
- Do not use if pregnant or breastfeeding
- Not to be used for individuals under 12 years old
- Not to be used if the individual has asthma
- Not to be used if the individual has hives or rhinitis
- Not to be used if the individual has gastric problems
- Not to be used if the individual has heart conditions
- Not to be taken with any other NSAIDs (aspirin, ibuprofen, diclofenac)
- Not to be used on any damaged, broken or infected skin
Ingredients in Fenbid Gel
Active ingredient: Ibuprofen
Other ingredients: hydroxyethyl cellulose, sodium hydroxide, benzyl alcohol, isopropyl alcohol and purified water
Order on Monday to Friday until 3:30pm guarantees next day delivery options