Isopto Plain Eye Drops
- Provides tear-like lubrication for dry eyes
- Eye Drop Solution
- 0.5% Hypromellose
Buy Isopto Plain Eye Drops Online
ISOPTO PLAIN is a slightly viscous solution that acts as an artificial tear. It is used to treat dry eyes caused by a lack of tears in the eye(s). Replacement of the reduced natural tears with an artificial tear helps to soothe and lubricate your eyes and provide relief from irritation. It can also be used as a lubricant for artificial eyes.
Side Effects of Isopto Plain Eye Drops
Like all medicines, ISOPTO PLAIN can cause side effects, although not everybody gets them.
- You may experience some or all of the following effects in your eye(s):
Blurred vision, eye pain, foreign body sensation in eyes, eye irritation, redness.
In very rare cases, some patients with severe damage to the clear layer at the front of the eye (the cornea) have developed cloudy patches on the cornea due to calcium build-up during treatment.
Before taking any medication, it is important to read the Patient Information Leaflet. You can find information leaflets for your medicines by typing them into the search bar at medicines.org, or by contacting us.
Directions of use for Isopto Plain Eye Drops
- Wash your hands before you start.
- Twist off the bottle cap.
- Hold the bottle pointing down, between your thumb and fingers.
- Tilt your head back.
- Pull down your lower eyelid with a finger, until there is a ‘pocket’ between the eyelid and your eye.
- Bring the bottle tip close to the eye. Do this in front of a mirror if it helps.
- Do not touch your eye or eyelid, surrounding areas or other surfaces with the dropper. It could infect the drops.
- Gently press on the base of the bottle to release one drop at a time.
- Do not squeeze the bottle, only a gentle press on the bottom is needed.
- If you use drops in both eyes, repeat the steps for your other eye. Put the bottle cap firmly back on immediately after use.
Warnings for Isopto Plain Eye Drops
Do not use Isopto plain:
- If you are allergic to hypromellose or any of the other ingredients.
Ask your doctor for advice.
This medicine is available without a prescription. However, you still need to use Isopto plain carefully to get the best results from it.
Pregnancy and breastfeeding
If you are pregnant or might get pregnant, or if you are breast-feeding a baby, talk to your doctor before you use this product.
Driving and using machines
You may experience blurred vision after using this product. Do not drive or operate hazardous machinery unless your vision is clear.
Using other medicines
Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you are taking or have recently taken any other medicines, including medicines obtained without a prescription.
Important information if you wear Contact Lenses
Do not use the drops while wearing contact lenses. Wait at least 15 minutes after use before putting your lenses back in. There is a preservative in Isopto Plain (benzalkonium chloride) that can discolour soft contact lenses.
Ingredients in Isopto Plain Eye Drops
- The active substance is hypromellose 5 mg/ml.
- The other ingredients are sodium citrate, disodium hydrogen phosphate anhydrous, sodium dihydrogen phosphate monohydrate, sodium chloride, benzalkonium chloride and purified water.
Order within for guaranteed next day delivery options