- Dermatologically tested Anti Dandruff Shampoo
- Pharmacy strength
- Comes in 60ml & 100ml Variation
Buy Nizoral Shampoo Online
Nizoral Dandruff Shampoo is used to treat and prevent dandruff and dry or greasy scaling of the scalp (seborrhoeic dermatitis), which is a more severe kind of dandruff.
The shampoo contains ketoconazole, which is an antifungal that targets an increased number of yeasts on the skin called Malassezia. These yeasts occur naturally on everyone’s skin, however, people with dandruff and seborrhoeic dermatitis seem to have more Malassezia.
The shampoo also treats the inflammation associated with dandruff, relieving scalp redness and itching. This product is for use in adults and adolescents over 12 years.
Side Effects of Nizoral Shampoo
Nizoral Dandruff Shampoo can have side-effects like all medicines, although these don’t affect everyone and
are usually mild. If you experience any of the following, stop using the medicine and talk to your doctor:
- Severe allergic reactions, including swelling of the face, lips, tongue or throat
Uncommon side-effects (less than 1 in 100 people) which may occur include:
- Application site reactions including itching, irritation, blistering, red, dry or tender skin or a skin burning sensation
- Inflamed hair follicles, hair loss or changes in hair texture
- Increased tear production
- Skin rash and dry skin
Rare side-effects (less than 1 in 1000 people) which may occur include:
- A change in the way some things taste
- Eye irritation
- Skin inflammation (dermatitis)
- Flaking skin
- Application site reactions including blistering and over-sensitivity (allergic) reactions
- General allergic reaction (over-sensitivity)
Before taking any medication, it is important to read the Patient Information Leaflet. You can find information leaflets for your medicines by typing them into the search bar at medicines.org, or by contacting us.
Directions of use for Nizoral Shampoo
Adults and adolescents over 12 years:
- Wet hair thoroughly.
- Apply a small amount of Nizoral Dandruff Shampoo to your scalp and massage into a lather.
- Leave the lather on your scalp for 3 – 5 minutes.
- Rinse thoroughly.
- Use every 3 or 4 days for 2 – 4 weeks.
- If your scalp has not cleared within 4 weeks, speak to your doctor or pharmacist.
- To keep your scalp clear and to prevent dandruff returning, use Nizoral Dandruff Shampoo once every 1–2 weeks. If you stop using Nizoral Dandruff Shampoo altogether, your symptoms may become a problem again.
- Not for children aged under 12.
Warnings for Nizoral Shampoo
This product is suitable for most people, but a few people should not use it.
Do not use this product, if you have ever had a bad reaction to any of the ingredients. If this applies to you, get advice from a doctor or pharmacist without using Nizoral Dandruff Shampoo.
You can use Nizoral Dandruff Shampoo if you are pregnant, think you might be pregnant or are breastfeeding.
Special warnings about this product
- As with most shampoos, if any gets into your eyes bathe them gently with water.
- If you have been regularly using a lotion or cream, which contains a steroid (such as betamethasone or hydrocortisone) to control your dandruff or seborrhoeic dermatitis, gradually use it less over 2 – 3 weeks as you start to use Nizoral Dandruff Shampoo. This will stop your condition flaring up while Nizoral Dandruff shampoo starts to work. If you have any questions about stopping your steroid lotion or cream, speak to your doctor or pharmacist.
Ingredients in Nizoral Shampoo
The active ingredient in 1 g of Nizoral Dandruff Shampoo is ketoconazole 20 mg.
Other ingredients are: Sodium lauryl ether sulphate, disodium monolauryl ether sulphosuccinate, coconut fatty acid diethanolamide, laurdimonium hydrolysed animal collagen, macrogol 120 methyl glucose dioleate, sodium chloride, concentrated hydrochloric acid, imidurea, sodium hydroxide, erythrosine sodium (E127), purified water.
Order within for guaranteed next day delivery options