Soluble Paracetamol Tablets
- Dissolved in water allowing easy administration
- 500mg strength
- First choice for mild strains and sprains
NOTE: After selecting this product, you will need to complete a short assessment, so we can make sure this medication is suitable for you.
Buy Soluble Paracetamol Tablets Online
You can buy Soluble Paracetamol Tablets from our UK registered online pharmacy. Please read the associated information about this medication to make sure it's safe for you. You can then place your order. After completing any associated assessment form, our pharmacists can then review your order and, if approved, dispatch to your chosen address. If for any reason your order is not approved, a full refund is issued.
About Soluble Paracetamol Tablets
Soluble Paracetamol Tablets are commonly used as first-line treatment for pain or fever relief and are available over the counter in the UK for individuals over the age of 12 years old for acute or moderate pain relief. Each tablet contains 500mg of the active ingredient Paracetamol and it is important to note that it also contains 439.46mg of Sodium and Aspartame (E951), therefore if you have a sodium controlled diet you need to take this into consideration. Soluble Paracetamol Tablets are convenient for individuals who find it difficult to swallow whole tablets as soluble tablets are dissolved in water, providing easy consumption.
Acute/moderate Pain Conditions:
- Rheumatic/muscular pain
- Period pain
- Dental pain
- Use a hot water bottle or a bath to relieve muscle aches or period pain
- Use cold compresses for any headaches or sprains
- A massage can provide relief for muscle pain or headaches
- Exercising will aid pain relief for osteoarthritis or period pain.
Soluble Paracetamol is a widely used and effective pain relief medicine however every patient can respond differently to medication. If you find Soluble Paracetamol is not effective for you, you may want to try Ibuprofen Tablets.
Other treatments for pain relief are available at Simple Online Pharmacy. These include:
- Co-codamol Effervescent Tablets
- Ibuprofen Tablets 400mg
- Disprin Tablets
- Solpadeine Plus Tablets
- Ibuprofen Gel
Soluble Paracetamol Tablets Reviews
After using any treatment, it's helpful to let others know about your experience. Reviews of an item help other users know that medicines received are genuine, how well the treatment worked or any issues to be aware of. We invite our users to leave a review of both their treatment and of the service provided. Click on the reviews tab to see if there has been feedback on this item.
How does soluble paracetamol work?
Soluble paracetamol works by blocking the production of chemicals (known as prostaglandins), which are released when you become ill or when you are injured. This then allows the body to be less receptive to the pain or injury that it is dealing with. If you are experiencing a fever, paracetamol works on the area of the brain that regulates your body temperature.
How do I take soluble paracetamol?
The usual dose of paracetamol is 1 to 2 effervescent tablets (the dose is dose weight and age-dependent so for full dosing instructions please refer to the ‘Directions’ tab.)
- Dissolve the effervescent tablets in a full glass of water before taking
- Wait 6 hours before taking another dose
- Do not take more than 4 doses in any 24-hour period
How many soluble paracetamol tablets can I take?
Over 16 years and over 50kg: You can take 1-2 soluble tablets per dose, and you should leave 6 hours between doses and you should take no more than 4 doses (maximum 8 soluble tablets) in any 24-hour period.
Over 12 years and below 50kg: You can take 1 soluble tablet per dose, and you should leave 6 hours between doses and you should take no more than 4 doses (maximum 4 soluble tablets) in any 24-hour period.
Can I take soluble paracetamol tablets if I am pregnant/breastfeeding?
Currently, there is no significant evidence showing that paracetamol can cause harm during pregnancy.
Only a small amount of paracetamol is passed through the milk and is unlikely to harm the baby.
If you have any concerns, consult your pharmacist or doctor before using paracetamol during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
How long does it take for soluble paracetamol to work?
Paracetamol can take up to an hour to work.
Side effects of Soluble Paracetamol Tablets
As with any medication, there are risks of side effects when taking Soluble Paracetamol Tablets. You should always read the patient information leaflet when taking a new medicine to make sure you're aware of the full list of side effects and cautions. If you have any unwanted side effects you should seek advice from your doctor, pharmacist or other healthcare professional.
STOP taking paracetamol and seek medical attention/go to the hospital straight away if you experience any of the following:
- Swelling of the hands/feet/ankles, face (including lips & throat) which may cause difficulty in swallowing or breathing.
- An itchy, lumpy rash (hives) or nettle rash (urticaria)
These signs would most likely indicate an allergic reaction to the paracetamol.
(For a full list of side effects please refer to the patient information leaflet in the ‘Info Leaflet’ tab.)
Before taking any medication, it is important to read the Patient Information Leaflet. You can find information leaflets for your medicines by typing them into the search bar at medicines.org, or by contacting us.
Directions of use for Soluble Paracetamol Tablets
- For adults and children over the age of 16 years (over 50kg), the usual dose is 1-2 soluble paracetamol tablets, dissolved in a full glass of water before taking. You should wait at least 6 hours before taking another dose and do not take more than 4 doses in any 24-hour period. (maximum of 8 tablets in 24 hours).
- For adults and children over the age of 12 years (below 50kg), the usual dose is 1 soluble paracetamol tablet, dissolved in a full glass of water before taking. You should wait at least 6 hours before taking another dose and do not take more than 4 doses in any 24-hour period. (maximum of 4 tablets in 24 hours).
If symptoms persist for more than 3 days or get worse contact your doctor
Paracetamol 500mg Soluble Tablets should not be given to children under 12 years of age.
Warnings for Soluble Paracetamol Tablets
Do not take paracetamol if any of the following apply to you:
- Allergic/hypersensitive to paracetamol or any of the other ingredients.
- Children under 12 years old.
Take special care and check with your doctor before taking if you have:
- severe kidney or liver conditions
- a liver problem caused by alcohol
- A sodium-restricted diet (there is 439.46 mg of sodium per effervescent tablet. This may be harmful to people on a low sodium or low salt diet.)
- A sugar restricted diet (there is Sorbitol in this medication which is a type of sugar. This may be harmful to people who have been told by your doctor that you cannot tolerate some sugars)
Other medication and paracetamol:
- Inform a healthcare professional if you are taking or have recently taken any other medicines. This includes medicines obtained without a prescription, including herbal medicines. (Paracetamol can affect the way some other medicines work and vice versa).
- Do not take any other medicines which contain paracetamol (including some painkillers, cough and cold remedies.)
Tell your doctor if you are taking any of the following medicines:
- Blood-thinning medication (for example warfarin)
- Metoclopramide or domperidone - medication used to treat sickness
- Colestyramine -cholesterol-reducing medication
Talk to your doctor if:
- You are pregnant, think you may be pregnant or plan to get pregnant
- You are breastfeeding or planning to breastfeed
Ingredients in Soluble Paracetamol Tablets
Active ingredient: Paracetamol
Other Ingredients: Sorbitol, Saccharin Sodium, Sodium Lauryl Sulphate, Citric Acid, Sodium Carbonate, Sodium Bicarbonate, Povidone, Dimeticone, Aspartame (E951).
Order within for guaranteed next day delivery options