- Promethazine teoclate
- Combats the symptoms of vertigo
- Avoid drinking the alcohol
NOTE: After requesting this medication, you will need to complete a short assessment, so our GP or Pharmacist can assess if the treatment is suitable for you. Pricing is provided as a reference only. The final decision on issuing this medication remains with our GP / Pharmacist.
Buy Vertigon Tablets Online
Vertigon Tablets are an anti-sickness drug for the relief of vertigo. This medicine contains promethazine which belongs to a group of medicines called phenothiazines. It helps relieve the symptoms of dizziness and nausea.
There are a few simple things you can do to relieve vertigo symptoms:
- lie down in a place with minimum noise and light
- be careful with moving your head while exercising daily activities
- sit down or lie down immediately when you feel dizzy
- always turn on the lights should you need to get up at night
- walking aid such as stick can be useful if you feel you are falling
- use a thicker pillow so that your head is slightly tilted upwards
- stand up slowly from a lying position
- relaxing your body and mind will improve the symptoms as anxiety can make it worse
I have taken more Vertigon tablets than you should
Talk to your doctor, pharmacist or go to the nearest hospital casualty department immediately.
I have forgotten to take Vertigon Tablets
If you forgot to take a tablet, take one as soon as you remember. Do not take a double dose to make up for a forgotten dose.
Side Effects of Vertigon Tablets
Some people may have side effects when taking this medicine. If you experience any of the following side effects, stop taking this medicine and speak to your doctor immediately:
- severe rash, itching, swelling of the face, lips or mouth
- shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- irregular heartbeats, low blood pressure (light-headed feeling when standing).
If you notice any of the following side effects speak to your doctor or pharmacist
- infections, fevers or sore throats which seem to go on a long time
- unexplained bruising or nose-bleeds
- if you develop a yellow colour of your skin, dark urine and yellowing of the whites of the eyes.
Other side effects may include:
- headache, dizziness, restlessness, confusion, you may feel tired or sleepy
- children may become overexcited while taking this product
- occasionally some people, especially the elderly, may experience blurred vision, dry mouth or have difficulty passing water
- loss of appetite, upset stomach, nightmares, cramp or muscles twitching or jerking, or the muscles become rigid
- unusual movements of the head and face muscles.
Before taking any medication, it is important to read the Patient Information Leaflet. You can find information leaflets for your medicines by typing them into the search bar at medicines.org, or by contacting us.
Directions of use for Vertigon Tablets
One tablet each night is usually enough, but two or three tablets may be required by some patients. These can be
taken at intervals during the day, but it is often not necessary for more than 4 tablets to be needed in any 24 hour period.
Children over 10 years old
Give the lower adult dose (one tablet).
Children 5 - 10 years old
Give half the lower adult dose (half a tablet).
Children 2 - 5 years old
Vertigon® Tablets are not suitable for children 2 - 5 years old. An oral liquid is recommended.
Warnings for Vertigon Tablets
- Do not give a child under 2 years old.
- Do not take Vertigon® Tablets for more than seven days. Should symptoms persist for or do not improve after 7 days, talk to your doctor or pharmacist.
- Avoid strong sunlight while taking this product as your skin may be more sensitive to the effect of the sun.
- Avoid drinking alcohol as the tablets will add to the effects of alcohol.
- You should not take Vertigon Tablets unless they have been recommended by you by a doctor.
- You should not drive or operate machinery for first few days, and until you are sure that you are not affected by these unwanted effects.
- These tablets contain lactose.
Ingredients in Vertigon Tablets
Each tablet contains the active ingredient promethazine teoclate 25mg.
Vertigon® Tablets also contain lactose, sodium metabisulphite (E223), potato starch, dextrin, microcrystalline cellulose, stearic acid and magnesium stearate.
Order on Monday to Friday until 3:30pm guarantees next day delivery options