Viscotears Liquid Gel
- Sterile eye gel
- Use only in your eyes
- Contains carbomer
Buy Viscotears Liquid Gel Online
You can buy Viscotears Liquid Gel online from our UK registered online pharmacy. Please read the associated information about this medication to make sure it's safe for you. You can then place your order. After completing any associated assessment form, our pharmacists can then review your order and, if approved, dispatch to your chosen address. If for any reason your order is not approved, a full refund is issued.
Viscotears Liquid Gel is a carbomer-based artificial tear preparation commonly used for dry eye conditions. Carbomer-based preparations can cling to the surface of the eye more easily than other artificial tear preparations, which allows a reduced frequency of application. Viscotears Liquid Gel allows the eyes to feel more comfortable when they are feeling dry.
The usual dose for Viscotears Liquid Gel is:
Apply one drop to the affected eye(s) three or four times a day.
Dry eye syndrome is a tear deficiency condition (lack of tears), which can cause discomfort in the eye. Dry eye syndrome can be aggravated by certain factors such as dry air (for example, air conditioning, dust, wind or smoke.) Reduced tear production can be caused by certain drugs, Sjögren syndrome, allergies, dehydration or trauma (for example, radiation, surgery).
Symptoms of dry eye usually will affect both eyes and will present with the feeling of grittiness or irritation in the eye, a brief blurring of vision and watery eyes. Individuals who have dry eyes generally do not complain of dryness in the eyes. Removal of factors which aggravate dry eyes can help, (for example, adverse drug reactions or environmental conditions.)
- Hot compresses
- Use of humidifiers
- Drinking plenty of water
- Taking breaks from looking at computer screens (as looking at screens we do not blink as much as we should)
- Blinking helps to create more tears
Other treatments for dry eye conditions are available at Simple Online Pharmacy. These include:
Viscotears Liquid Gel Reviews
After using any treatment, it's helpful to let others know about your experience. Reviews of an item help other users know that medicines received are genuine, how well the treatment worked or any issues to be aware of. We invite our users to leave a review of both their treatment and of the service provided. Click on the reviews tab to see if there has been feedback on this item.
What is Viscotears Gel used for?
Viscotears Gel is used for the treatment of dry eye symptoms most commonly - burning, soreness and irritation. Viscotears Gel contains a synthetic ingredient called Carbomer to treat the symptoms of dry eyes by producing a protective film over the eyes that allows tears to form to keep the eyes wet.
How do you use Viscotears Gel?
To use the gel you need to tilt your head back, look up to the ceiling and pull your lower eyelid down to make a small pouch under the eye. Place the dropper directly over the eye and squeeze the bottle so that or 1 or 2 drops cover the eye. Then look down and slowly close your eyes for 1 to 2 minutes. Then place 1 finger in the corner of your eye near your nose and apply gentle pressure.
Can I use Viscotears Gel with contact lenses?
There is a preservative in Viscotears called Cetrimide which can cause eye irritation and can also cause contact lenses to become discoloured. If you wear contact lenses it is advised that before using Viscotears Gel all contact lenses are removed and then only reapplied 15 minutes after Viscotears Gel has been applied.
Side Effects of Viscotears Gel
Like all medication, Viscotears Gel can cause side effects, however not everybody gets them.
You may experience the following side effects:
Very common (these can affect more than 1 in 10 individuals):
- blurry vision
Common (these can affect up to 1 in 10 individuals):
- Discomfort in the eye
- Crusting in the eyelid
- Irritation in the eye
Uncommon (these can affect up to 1 in 100 individuals):
- Swelling in the eye
- Pain in the eye
- Eye itchiness
- Redness of the eye
- increased tear production
Uncommon (can affect up to 1 in 100 individuals):
- skin inflammation.
Additional (the frequency is not known):
- Allergic reactions (itching, redness, swelling, or pain of the eye or redness, swelling or rash of the skin around the eye)
Before taking any medication, it is important to read the Patient Information Leaflet. You can find information leaflets for your medicines by typing them into the search bar at medicines.org, or by contacting us.
Directions of Use for Viscotears Liquid Gel
- Ensure you wash your hands before using Viscotears Liquid Gel
- Remove any contact lenses prior to using the drops and do not replace contact lenses for at least 15 minutes.
- Viscotears tube should be held vertically.
- Tilt head backwards.
- Resting one hand on cheek, gently pull down lower eyelid.
- Look up.
- Squeezing the tube gently, insert one drop.
- Blink a couple of times to spread the gel evenly over eyes.
- Wipe any excess gel from around the eyelids.
- If needed, repeat the above steps for the other eye.
Make sure you do not touch the eye or the surrounding area with the dropper tip as this could cause injury to the eye and can contaminate the Viscotear Gel.
Warnings for Viscotears Liquid Gel
- Viscotears Liquid Gel should only be used in your eye(s).
- Talk to a healthcare professional before you start using Viscotears if you suffer from any other eye conditions (besides sore/dry eyes)
- Stop using Viscotears Liquid Gel and seek medical advice from your doctor if you have any eye pain, vision changes, irritation of the eyes, persistent redness, or if the condition worsens or persists.
- Cetrimide, which is a preservative found in Viscotears Liquid Gel, can cause irritation in the eye and can also discolour soft contact lenses. (Remove any lenses before use and wait for at least 15 minutes before putting lenses in.)
- If the user is applying any other eye drops/ointments, each medicine should be used at intervals of a minimum of 5 minutes and Viscotears Liquid Gel should be the last eye medication used.
- After opening, Viscotears Liquid Gel should not be used after 28 days.
- Keep out of reach and sight of children
- Do not store above 25°C
Ingredients in Viscotears Liquid Gel
Active ingredient: Carbomer 2mg
Other ingredients: cetrimide, sorbitol, sodium hydroxide and water
Order within for guaranteed next day delivery options