Dymista Nasal Spray
- Effective allergic rhinitis relief
- Starts to work in 30 to 60 minutes
- Fights hayfever by soothing inflammation caused by dust and pollen
NOTE: After selecting this product, you will need to complete a short assessment, so we can make sure this medication is suitable for you.
Buy Dymista Nasal Spray
You can buy Dymista Nasal Spray online from our UK registered online pharmacy. After completing your assessment and checking out, your order will be passed to our UK registered doctors for review. If approved, our pharmacy team will dispense and dispatch your medication to your chosen address.
What is Dymista
Dymista is a dual action nasal spray used to help relieve nasal symptos of allergies. Commonly used in hayfever, Dymysta contains two active ingredients. Azelastine is an anthistamine which works by interfering with the inflammatory pathway in the body, and reduces symptoms such as swelling, redness and itchiness. Meanwhile, Fluticasone is a steroid, which also help reduce inflammation. Combined these ingredients are an effective treatment to reduce the common symptoms of hayfever.
How do I use Dymista Nasal Spray?
Before using Dymista you will need to blow your nose to clear both nostrils, then slightly tilt your head back, and slowly exhale, using your free hand close the nostril you are not spraying. Push down and on the pump and take 1 spray into your nostril, repeat for the other side. This can be done a maximum of twice daily, and you should start to see some effects within 30 to 60 minutes, but it can take on some occasions a few days to get the full benefit.
Can I use Dymista Nasal Spray long term?
Dymista Nasal Spray can be used on a long term basis, if instructed to do so by your Doctor or Health professional, it is advised that you should only use when required.
Can I use Dymista Nasal Spray if I am pregnant or breastfeeding?
It is advised that you should not use Dymista Nasal Spray if you are pregnant or breastfeeding until you have spoken with your Doctor or Health professional.
Can I take Dymista Nasal Spray with Alcohol?
Using Alcohol whilst taking Dymista Nasal Spray can increase your chances of suffering the side effects of the medication, however, if alcohol is used in moderation while taking Dymista there should be no issues.
Does using Dymista Nasal Spray cause weight gain?
There is no proof that using Dymista Nasal Sprays causes weight gain if you think you are gaining weight using Dymista it is advised that you speak to your Doctor or Health professional.
Side Effects of Dymista Nasal Spray
Like all medicines, Dymista Nasal Spray can cause side effects. Each patient may be affected differently, so it's important you are aware of these in case you need to take action. Always read the patient information leaflet for a full list of side effects. Some of the more common side effects associated with Dymista are;
Very common side effects (These may affect more than 1 in 10 people):
Common side effects (These may affect up to 1 in 10 people):
- A bitter taste in your mouth, especially if you tilt your head back when you are using the nasal spray. This should go away if you have a soft drink a few minutes after using this medicine.
- Unpleasant smell
Uncommon side effects (These may affect up to 1 in 100 people):
- Slight irritation of the inside of the nose. This can cause mild stinging, itching or sneezing.
- Nasal dryness, cough, dry throat or throat irritation
Rare side effects (These may affect up to 1 in 1,000 people):
- Dry mouth
Very rare side effects (These may affect up to 1 in 10,000 people):
- Dizziness or drowsiness
- Cataract, glaucoma or increased pressure in your eye where you may have a loss of vision and/or red and painful eyes. These side effects have been reported following prolonged treatment with fluticasone propionate nasal sprays.
- Damage of the skin and mucous membrane in the nose
- Feeling sick, weary, exhausted or weak
- Rash, itchy skin or red, raised itchy bumps
- Bronchospasm (the narrowing of the airways in the lungs)
Seek immediate medical help if you have any of the following symptoms:
- Swelling of face, lips, tongue or throat which may cause difficulty in swallowing/breathing and a sudden onset of skin rash. This could be signs of a severe allergic reaction. Please note: This is very rare.
Side effects with unknown frequency (frequency cannot be estimated from the available data)
- Blurred vision
- Sores in the nose
Systemic side effects (side effects concerning the whole body) may occur when this medicine is used at high doses for a long time. These effects are much less likely to occur if you use a corticosteroid nasal spray than if you take corticosteroids by mouth. These effects may vary in individual patients and between different corticosteroid preparations.
Nasal corticosteroids can affect the normal production of hormones in your body, particularly if you use high doses for a long time. In children and adolescents, this side effect can cause them to grow more slowly than others.
In rare cases, a reduction of the bone density (osteoporosis) was observed, if nasal corticosteroids were administered long-term.
Before taking any medication, it is important to read the Patient Information Leaflet. You can find information leaflets for your medicines by typing them into the search bar at medicines.org, or by contacting us.
Always use Dymista Nasal Spray exactly as your doctor has told you. Check with your doctor or pharmacist, if you are not sure.
It is essential to use Dymista Nasal Spray regularly to gain the full therapeutic benefit.
Contact with the eyes should be avoided.
Adults and adolescents (12 years and above)
- The recommended dose is one spray into each nostril in the morning and evening.
Use in children under 12 years
- This medicine is not recommended for children under 12 years.
Use in renal and hepatic impairment
- There are no data in patients with renal and hepatic impairment.
Method of administration
For nasal use.
Duration of treatment
Dymista Nasal Spray is suitable for long-term use. The duration of treatment should correspond to the period of experiencing allergy symptoms.
Do not use Dymista Nasal Spray:
- If you are allergic to azelastine hydrochloride or fluticasone propionate or any of the other ingredients of this medicine.
Warnings and precautions
Talk to your doctor or pharmacist before using Dymista Nasal Spray if:
- You had a recent operation on your nose.
- You have an infection in your nose. Infections of the nasal airways should be treated with antibacterial or antifungal medication. If you are given medication for an infection in your nose you can continue to use Dymista Nasal Spray to treat your allergies.
- You have tuberculosis or an untreated infection.
- You have a change in vision or a history of increased ocular pressure, glaucoma and/or cataracts. If this applies to you, you will be closely monitored whilst using Dymista Nasal Spray.
- You suffer from impaired adrenal function. Care must be taken when transferring from systemic steroid treatment to Dymista Nasal Spray.
- You suffer from a severe liver disease. Your risk of suffering from systemic side effects is increased.
In these cases, your doctor will decide whether you can use Dymista Nasal Spray.
Treatment with higher than recommended doses of nasal corticosteroids may result in adrenal suppression, a condition that may produce weight loss, fatigue, muscle weakness, low blood sugar, salt cravings, joint pains, depression and darkening of the skin. If this happens your doctor may recommend another medicine during periods of stress or elective surgery.
To avoid adrenal suppression your doctor will advise you to take the lowest dose at which effective control of your symptoms of rhinitis is maintained.
Taking nasal corticosteroids (such as Dymista) may when taken for a long time cause children and adolescents to grow more slowly. The doctor will check your child’s height regularly, and make sure he or she is taking the lowest possible effective dose.
Contact your doctor if you experience blurred vision or other visual disturbances.
If you are unsure whether the above applies to you, talk to your doctor or pharmacist before using Dymista Nasal Spray.
This medicine is not recommended for children under 12 years.
Other medicines and Dymista Nasal Spray
Tell your doctor or pharmacist, if you are taking, have recently taken or might take any other medicines, including medicines obtained without a prescription.
Some medicines may increase the effects of Dymista Nasal Spray and your doctor may wish to monitor you carefully if you are taking these medicines (including some medicines for HIV: ritonavir, cobicistat and medicines for the treatment of fungal infections: ketoconazole).
Pregnancy and breastfeeding
If you are pregnant or breastfeeding, think you may be pregnant or are planning to have a baby, ask your doctor or pharmacist for advice before using Dymista Nasal Spray.
Driving and using machines
Dymista Nasal Spray has a minor influence on the ability to drive and use machines. Very rarely, you may experience fatigue or dizziness due to the disease itself or when using Dymista Nasal Spray. In these cases, do not drive or operate machinery. Please be aware that drinking alcohol may enhance these effects.
Dymista Nasal Spray contains benzalkonium chloride
It may cause irritation of the nasal mucosa and bronchospasm. Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you feel discomfort when using the spray
The active substances are: azelastine hydrochloride and fluticasone propionate.
Each g of suspension contains 1000 micrograms azelastine hydrochloride and 365 micrograms fluticasone propionate.
Each actuation (0.14 g) delivers 137 micrograms azelastine hydrochloride (= 125 micrograms azelastine) and 50 micrograms fluticasone propionate.
The other ingredients are: Disodium edetate, glycerol, microcrystalline cellulose, carmellose sodium, polysorbate 80, benzalkonium chloride, phenylethyl alcohol and purified water.
Order within for guaranteed next day delivery options
Beconase Aqueous Nasal Spray
Avamys Nasal Spray
Rhinolast nasal spray
Dymista Nasal Spray
Rapitil Eye Drops
|Medication||Simple Online Pharmacy|