- For Irritable Bowel Syndrome
- Contains Ispaghula husk & Mebeverine
- Not suitable for children under 12
NOTE: After selecting this product, you will need to complete a short assessment, so we can make sure this medication is suitable for you.
Buy Fybogel Online
Fybogel sachets are used to relieve constipation, associated with IBS. It is one of the easiest and convenient ways to increase fibre in your diet. Fibre helps the aid the digestive system work more efficiently and gently relieves constipation in a natural way.
Fibogel works alongside the bodies natural digestive processes. It provides fibre; more importantly insoluble fibre which does not get absorbed along our gastrointestinal tract this produces an osmotic effect which causes water to be absorbed into the stools hence making them softer and easier to pass.
Is Fybogel a prebiotic?
No Fybogel is not a prebiotic.
Is Fybogel suitable for diabetics?
Yes, Fybogel can be used by diabetics to help relieve constipation.
Is Fybogel safe to used when pregnant?
Yes, this medication can be used in pregnancy if needed.
Is Fybogel safe to take whilst breastfeeding?
Yes, this medication is safe during breastfeeding.
|Colpermin||Colofac / Mebeverine||Fybogel Mebevine|
|Active Ingredients||0.2ml Peppermint Oil||Mebeverine||Mebeverine / Ispaghula Husk.|
|Mechanism||Unclear||Anti-spasmodic.||Anti-spasmodic and bulk forming laxative|
|Dosage||ONE capsule THREE times daily||Normal Release: Take ONE THREE times daily --- Slow Release - Take ONE tablet TWICE daily.||Usually ONE sachet TWICE daily|
As with all medications, there are some side effects, although not everybody gets them.
Some of the sides effects associated with Fybogel are flatulence and bloating.
A full list of side effects can be seen in the patient information leaflet and it is always advised you read this prior to taking any medication.
Take ONE sachet and mix with approximately 240ml of cold-water and drink straight away ideally after meals. Do not take within 30 minutes of taking other medication or just before going to bed.
Children over 12 years old and adults: Take ONE sachet TWICE daily
Children over the age of 6 and under 12 years old: Take HALF to ONE 5ml spoonful TWICE daily
Fybogel will start to work after 24 – 48 hours of administration.
Please read all patient information leaflets with your medication. Make sure you know the side effects and discontinue use if any serious side effects occur, and contact your GP.
Do not take Fybogel if you:
- Are allergic to ispaghula husk or any other of the ingredients
- Have had a sudden change in bowel habits which has lasted more than 2 weeks
- Have undiagnosed rectal bleeding and have failure to pass stools whilst using laxatives
- Suffer from abnormal constrictions in the gastro-intestinal tract, with diseases of the oesophagus and cardia, intestinal obstruction, faecal impaction, natural or drug-induced reduction of gut motility and colonic atony such as senile mega-colon
- Have a swallowing difficulty or throat problem.
Order within for guaranteed next day delivery options