Canesten Thrush Cream
- Effective thrush treatment cream
- Contains clotrimazole 2%
- Twice daily application
- Canesten Cream 1% also available
NOTE: After requesting this medication, you will need to complete a short assessment, so our GP or Pharmacist can assess if the treatment is suitable for you. Pricing is provided as a reference only. The final decision on issuing this medication remains with our GP / Pharmacist.
Canesten Thrush Cream
You can buy Canesten Thrush Cream online from our registered UK online pharmacy. Please read the associated information about this medication to make sure it's safe for you.
After completing any associated assessment form, our pharmacists can then review your order and, if approved, dispatch to your chosen address. If for any reason your order is not approved, a full refund is issued.
About Canesten Thrush Cream
Canesten Thrush Cream is used to treat genital thrush in women aged between 16 and 60 years old.
Canesten Thrush Cream is an antifungal cream that contains the active ingredient Clotrimazole 2%. It is useful in soothing and relieving the symptoms of thrush.
Clotrimazole belongs to a group of medicines called imidazoles. It treats the infection by killing the fungus responsible for causing thrush. Canesten Thrush External Cream is used to treat the itching and soreness of the vulva.
The cream should be applied twice or three times daily around the entrance of the vagina.
You should continue using Canesten Thrush Cream for a day or two after symptoms disappear. This course of treatment is to make sure that all the fungus has been killed.
If symptoms persist beyond 7 days, you should speak to your GP.
Thrush vs Cystitis
The symptoms of thrush and cystitis can be confused because both conditions can have the same symptom of pain or discomfort during urination. However, the main symptom to distinguish between the two conditions is that cystitis usually does not cause a discharge. Thrush can also cause symptoms such as itching and irritation around the vagina.
If you are unsure which condition you are suffering from then you should visit your doctor or pharmacist for advice.
Canesten Thrush Cream is a widely used and effective thrush treatment. However, every patient can respond differently to medication. If you find Canesten Thrush Cream is not effective for you, you may want to try an alternative.
- Avoid wearing tight-fitting trousers or tights, as fungal infections are mostly caused by warm, moist environments.
- Loose-fitting, cotton underwear allows the skin to breathe more.
- Ironing or tumble-drying the underwear may also kill any residual fungal spores.
Following the above practical tips can help to prevent thrush from returning in the future.
Other Canesten thrush treatments are available at Simple Online pharmacy. Our range of products include pessaries or internal creams:
- Canesten Thrush Soft Gel Pessary (single dose)
- Canesten Thrush Duo (oral capsule and cream)
- Canesten Internal Cream
- Canesten Thrush Combi Pack
Canesten Thrush Cream Reviews
After using any treatment, it's helpful to let others know about your experience. Reviews of an item help other users know that medicines received are genuine, how well the treatment worked or any issues to be aware of. We invite our users to leave a review of both their treatment and of the service provided.
What is Canesten Thrush Cream?
Canesten Thrush Cream is an anti-fungal cream, used in the treatment of genital thrush. It is a cream containing clotrimazole as the active ingredient.
How does Canesten Thrush Cream work?
The cream works by killing the fungus that is responsible for the thrush infection. It can also help to calm the itch associated with thrush.
How do I use Canesten Thrush Cream?
Canesten Thrush Cream should be applied two to three times daily. You should apply the cream thinly to the vulva and surrounding area.
Can I use Canesten Thrush Cream when pregnant/breastfeeding?
You will need to speak to your GP before using thrush cream if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Is Canesten Thrush cream suitable for me?
Canesten thrush cream is suitable for individuals aged between 16 and 60 years of age, who are suffering from external thrush. The cream should not be used if you are allergic to clotrimazole or any of the other ingredients within the cream.
How often can I use Canesten External Thrush Cream?
The cream should be applied to the affected area around the vagina 2 to 3 times daily. The cream should be applied thinly and spread evenly and should not be used for longer than 7 days.
To treat male patients, the cream should be applied to the tip of the penis 2 to 3 times daily. It should not be used for longer than 14 days in men.
Side Effects of Canesten Thrush Cream
Like all medicines, Canesten Thrush Cream can cause side effects, although not everyone gets them. It is important to read the patient information leaflet before starting any new medications.
Side effects of Canesten Thrush Cream can include:
- Vaginal irritation and a burning sensation
If you are concerned about the side effects we recommend that you speak to your GP or pharmacist.
Before taking any medication, it is important to read the Patient Information Leaflet. You can find information leaflets for your medicines by typing them into the search bar at medicines.org, or by contacting us.
Directions for Canesten Thrush Cream
- Before using the cream, ensure that you wash your hands thoroughly.
- Apply a thin layer of cream to the affected area around the vagina 2 to 3 times a day.
- The cream should not be used for longer than 7 days.
- To treat male patients, the cream should be applied to the tip of the penis 2 to 3 times daily. It should not be used for longer than 14 days in men.
Canesten Thrush Cream should NOT be used if a person:
- Is allergic to Clotrimazole or any of the other ingredients in this product
- Is aged under 16 or over 60
- Has had more than 2 infections of thrush in the last 6 months
- Is pregnant, trying to conceive, or breastfeeding
- Currently has (or their partner has) a sexually transmitted disease
- Is diabetic or undergoing investigations for diabetes
- Has irregular vaginal bleeding
- Has ulcers, blisters or sores of the vagina or vulva
- Has lower abdominal pain
- Has pain or difficulty in passing urine
- Has fever or chills
- Is feeling sick, vomiting or has diarrhoea
- A foul-smelling discharge from the vagina
Canesten Thrush Cream may reduce the effectiveness of rubber contraceptives, such as condoms or diaphragms. When using the cream you should use alternative contraceptive methods for at least five days after using this product
The active ingredient is clotrimazole 2%.
Other Ingredients: Benzyl alcohol, Polysorbate 60, sorbitan stearate, cetyl palmitate, Cetostearyl alcohol, Octyldodecanol, and purified water.
Order on Monday to Friday until 3:30pm guarantees next day delivery options