- For occassional period delay
- Used to delay period for upto 17 days
- Contains the active ingredient norethisterone 5mg
NOTE: After selecting this product, you will need to complete a short assessment, so we can make sure this medication is suitable for you.
Buy Utovlan Tablets Online
You can buy Utovlan online from our UK online doctor service. After completing your assessment and order, our doctors can review the order to make sure the medication is suitable for you. If approved, the order will be dispatched by our UK registered online pharmacy.
As many women have experienced, sometimes your period can come at the worst time. If you are taking the combined oral contraceptive, most allow the delay of your period by continuing straight onto your next pack. If you are not taking an oral contraceptive, then Utovlan / Norethisterone 5mg, can be an ideal way to delay your period when it coincides with a special occasion.
Utvolan contains the synthetic hormone, norethisterone. It can have multiple uses, however is often used as a tablet to delay periods. Utovlan contains the active ingredient Norethisterone 5mg, and can be taken to delay periods for upto 17 days.
What are the Side Effects of Utovlan?
How does Utovlan work?
How To Take Utovlan?
|Utovlan||Norethisterone||Combine Oral Contraceptive|
|Active Ingredient||Norethisterone 5mg||Norethisterone 5mg||Various|
|Period Delay Dose||Start three days before your period is due to start, and take it three times a day for upto 17days||Start three days before your period is due to start, and take it three times a day for upto 17days||If already on the pill, do not take your pill free break|
|Mechanism||Prevents your womb lining from shedding||Prevents your womb lining from shedding||Prevents your womb lining from shedding|
Side Effects of Utovlan
Utovlan is generally a well tolerated medicatoin, and most women will not experience side effects.
With any medication you take however, there is always a risk of side effects occuring. Some are more common than others, and often side effects may subside with the regular usage of the medicine. If the side effects do not subside, you should report them to us, or your GP.
Possible Side Effects
- bleeding or spotting between periods
- unusual vaginal bleeding
- changes in vaginal discharge cervical erosions (may show in a smear test)
- breast pain or tenderness discharge from the breast headaches
- dizziness and confusion problems concentrating
- visual disturbances fatigue
- difficulty sleeping stomach problems such as being sick, feeling sick, constipation or diarrhoea
- dry mouth
- liver problems jaundice (yellowing of eyes and skin)
- water retention bloating swelling of hands and ankles changes in appetite
- changes in sex drive
The side effects listed below are more serious, and you should stop taking Utovlan, and report these to your GP immediately.
- itchy skin rash
- facial swelling / tongue swelling
- swelling of hands and feet
- feeling faint
- difficulty breathing
Utovlan and blood clotting.
Utovlan can increase your risk of developing a blood clot or thrombosis. You must STOP taking this medicartion and visit your local doctor or A+E immediately if you experience:
- sudden sharp pain in your chest
- coughing blood
- shortness of breath
- rapid heart beat
- difficulty speaking
- fainting or collapse
- weakness or feeling numb
- pain, swelling or tenderness of calf or foot
- purple discolouration of skin
- unusually long or severe headache
- visual disturbance
These symptoms can be signs of a blood clot and must not be ignored.
For a full list of side effects, please read the patient information leaflet.
Before taking any medication, it is important to read the Patient Information Leaflet. You can find information leaflets for your medicines by typing them into the search bar at medicines.org, or by contacting us.
Order on Monday to Friday until 3:30pm guarantees next day delivery options