Ranitidine 150mg Tablets
- Short term (4-5 day) Treatment
- ONCE or TWICE daily as required
- See GP if symptoms persist
NOTE: After selecting this product, you will need to complete a short assessment, so we can make sure this medication is suitable for you.
Buy Ranitidine Acid Reflux Tablets Online
Ranitidine is a medication used for people suffering from heartburn and indigestion caused by excess acid production. It is in a class of drug called H2 blockers. Ranitidine works by blocking the production of acid in the stomach. As heartburn and reflux are often caused by excess acid, this helps control the symptoms that people feel. The common side effects of the medication are diarrhea, headache, nausea, vomiting, constipation, fatigue, and insomnia.
Some patients prefer Omeprazole as its side effects are different from ranitidine.
NOTE: This medication should be taken for a maximum of 4-5 days. If symptoms persist after this time, please see your GP, as the symptoms require investigation. Acid reflux medications can mask the symptoms of more serious conditions, such as esophageal cancer
Can I take Ranitidine whilst am Pregnant?
No, you should consult your GP prior to taking ranitidine when pregnant.
Can I take Ranitidine whilst breastfeeding?
No, you should consult your GP first prior to take ranitidine whilst breastfeeding.
When should I take ranitidine?
One tablet should be taken daily when your symptoms occur.
How long can I take ranitidine for?
You can take ranitidine for up to two week, if you still have symptoms after this point you should consult your GP.
Can you abruptly stop taking ranitidine?
Yes, there should be no adverse effects of stopping ranitidine abruptly, however, it should be noted that your symptoms may return.
Can I take ranitidine after food?
Yes, but it is advised that if you know you are about to have a meal or drink that brings about your symptoms that you have a ranitidine tablet approximately 30minutes to 1 hour prior to eating.
Can I take an antacid and ranitidine together?
No, as the absorption and hence effectiveness of ranitidine can be reduced due to the antacid. It is recommended to allow at least 1 to 2 hours between the two medication.
|Omeprazole / Losec||Ranitidine / Zantac|
|Ingredient||Omeprazole 10 or 20mg||Ranitidine 150 or 300mg|
|Mechanism of Action||PPI - reduces acid in stomach||H2 Blocker - reduces acid in stomach|
|Common Side Effects||Diarrhoea, headache, nausea, and vomiting.||Diarrhoea, headache, nausea, and vomiting.|
|Dosage||One tablet up to twice daily as required||One tablet up to twice daily as required|
Stop taking Ranitidine Tablets and see a doctor straight away, if you notice any of the following serious side effects
- allergic reactions, including
- rash, itching or hives on the skin
- swelling of your face, lips, tongue or other parts of the body
- chest pain or shortness of breath, wheezing or having trouble breathing
- unexplained fever and feeling faint
- kidney problems which may cause changes in the amount and colour of water you pass which can lead to back pain, fever, pain when passing urine, blood in the urine and changes in blood tests
- severe stomach pain, this may be a sign of something called ‘pancreatitis’
- slow or irregular heartbeat
Check with your doctor as soon as possible if you notice any of the following:
Uncommon (affects up to 1 in 10 people)
- stomach pain
- feeling sick (nausea)
Rare (affects up to 1 in 1,000 people)
- skin rash
Very rare (affects up to 1 in 10,000 people)
- feeling depressed, confused, seeing or hearing unexplained things (hallucinations)
- headache (sometimes severe)
- feeling dizzy or having blurred vision
- your joints or muscles are painful or swollen or you cannot control their movement
- Heart problems (slow or irregular heart rhythm)
- your small blood vessels can become swollen (known as ‘vasculitis’) Signs of this can include: a rash, swollen joints or kidney problems
- your liver can become swollen This can lead to: nausea (feeling sick) or vomiting (being sick), loss of appetite or generally feeling unwell, itching, fever, yellowing of the skin and eyes or dark coloured urine • flushing or marks on your skin that look like targets
- unexplained hair loss
- breast tenderness and/or breast enlargement
- breast discharge
- inflammation of the pancreas(which may cause severe stomach pain)
Before taking any medication, it is important to read the Patient Information Leaflet. You can find information leaflets for your medicines by typing them into the search bar at medicines.org, or by contacting us.
Order within for guaranteed next day delivery options
Ranitidine 150mg Tablets
Losec MUPS Orodispersible
|Medication||Simple Online Pharmacy|
|20mg x28 Tablets||