- containing Ibuprofen
- effective topical pain relief
- 100g Tube
Buy Ibugel Online
Ibugel is an anti-inflammatory painkiller applied to and absorbed through the skin. It is for the treatment of the following conditions involving the musculoskeletal system:
- rheumatic or muscular pain
Ibugel is also for pain relief in common arthritic conditions and is recommended for use by adults, the elderly and children over the age of 12 years. Children under the age of 12 may also use it if recommended by their doctor. The active ingredient in this product is ibuprofen. This is one of a group of medicines known as non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs). Ibuprofen works by relieving pain and reducing swelling and inflammation.
Side Effects of Ibugel
Like all medicines, Ibugel can cause side effects, although not everybody gets them.
Occasionally, mild skin rashes, itching or irritation can sometimes occur at the site of application. If this is unacceptable, or persists, stop using the product and tell your doctor or pharmacist.
Very rarely, the following side effects can happen with ibuprofen, although these are extremely uncommon with products such as Ibugel that are applied to the skin.
Before taking any medication, it is important to read the Patient Information Leaflet. You can find information leaflets for your medicines by typing them into the search bar at medicines.org, or by contacting us.
Directions of use for Ibugel
Before using this tube of gel for the first time, open it as follows: Unscrew the cap, turn it upside down and then use the sharp point of the cap to pierce the membrane in the neck of the tube.
The tube squeezer key: To make Ibugel easier and more economical to use, a blue tube squeezer key has been
provided. Once fitted to the tube, simply turning the key will dispense the gel more easily for patients who experience difficulties in squeezing tubes. For economy, the key will also help expel the last few grams of Ibugel when the tube is nearly empty.
To fit the tube squeezer key:
- Ensure that the tube nozzle has been pierced using the point of the cap.
- Slide the slit of the key over the folded end of the tube.
- Carefully turn the key to roll up the tube until the required amount of gel has been expelled.
- Always replace the cap after use, leaving the key in place at the end of the tube.
To use the gel (for adults, the elderly and children over 12 years old):
- Use the gel up to three times a day, or as often as advised by your doctor.
- Lightly apply the gel to intact skin over the painful area.
- Apply only enough gel to thinly cover the affected area, then massage gently until absorbed.
- Wash hands after use, unless treating them.
- Carry on using the gel in this way until your condition gets better (you may find you need to use it for a few weeks, and your doctor may want you to continue using it for longer than this).
- If your symptoms worsen or continue for more than a few weeks, discuss this with your doctor before continuing treatment.
Warnings for Ibugel
Do not use Ibugel:
- if you are allergic (hypersensitive) to ibuprofen or any of the other ingredients of Ibugel;
- if you are asthmatic or suffer from rhinitis (allergic runny nose) or urticaria (hives) and have ever had a bad reaction to aspirin, ibuprofen or other NSAIDs in the past;
- if you are pregnant or breastfeeding;
- on broken, damaged, infected or diseased skin.
Before applying this product for the first time, make sure it is suitable for you to use:
Because Ibugel is delivered through the skin, directly over the painful area, there is less risk of the complications that sometimes occur when ibuprofen (or a similar anti-inflammatory painkiller) is taken by mouth. However, in rare cases you may be at risk:
- if you have a stomach ulcer (also called a peptic or gastric ulcer);
- if you have ever had kidney problems;
- if you have ever had asthma;
- if you have ever had a bad reaction to aspirin or ibuprofen taken by mouth.
If any of the above apply to you, only use this product on advice from your doctor or pharmacist.
Take special care when using this product:
- Use it only on the skin.
- Do not use it on children under 12 years old unless advised by a doctor.
- Do not apply it to broken or irritated skin.
- Keep the gel away from the eyes, nose and mouth.
Ingredients in Ibugel
The active ingredient is ibuprofen (5% w/w).
The other ingredients are an industrial methylated spirit, carbomers, propylene glycol, diethylamine and purified water.
Order on Monday to Friday until 3:30pm guarantees next day delivery options